1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Cable PVR.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by steveo42, Aug 20, 2007.

1. steveo42

steveo42 Member

Hey guys.

Quite new to this world of cable boxes and that so be gentle. Been looking around the boxes this afternoon and am a bit stumped as to which is the best most relaible option.

So far i've come across eurovox, starview, dreambox, digivox, ITgate.

Basically want the most relaiable easy to use piece of kit, that aint to slow. Noticed some of the starviews have hard drive support, would like to go down that route if possible.

So yeah any advice would be welcome.

Thanks.

2. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

Starview PVR has twin tuner and can handle i think its a 500gb hdd. So in other words you would be able to watch one channel while recording another. You would be able to pick up a 250gb hdd for about £40 so it would be a good deal. The starview pvr is also a very good box, and to be honest ive not heard many bad reports or problems regarding it.

3. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

4. steveo42

steveo42 Member

Cheers mate.

Is it a standard HD you install or one of the laptop ones?

Would be able to pick up the whole virgin package on this i'm assuming? Are they fairly staright forward to set up?

Wheres the best place to get hold of the starviews, I don't want to get stung with a clone on ebay.

Cheers again.

5. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

Best place to buy them is this lot - http://www.wizardsatellite.co.uk/in...id=472&zenid=27af6db263df9cdbbe4d4c4429344b27

Those guys are the genuine sellers , it think it holds a standard 3.5". But dont quote me on that. The site i gave you in the other post for support will be able to clear that one up for you. It also has the programs on that site too, and yes it will be able to pick up the whole virgin package. Remember not to breach the law, and im not doubting you for a second mate lol.