1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which cable?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Fred98765, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Fred98765

Fred98765 Member

I am trying to flash my pvr box but don't have a rs232 male conection on my pc. I have searched for a solution but cant find one. I have a similar connection on my pc but it is a female connection. In other words it does not have any pins, only holes. (sorry, but I don't know what it is called). I have attached a picture of my available ports.
    Can someone please advise as to what cable I could use or any solution to my problem?

[​IMG]

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  2. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    BTW did you manage to convert your pvr files with the link I gave you earlier ? you never replied to the earlier post.
    jbvid

3. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

4. Fred98765

Fred98765 Member

I have a null modem cable, so have purchased a USB to DB9 RS232 COM Port Serial Converter Adaptor C43, from an auction site. From hong kong so might take some time. It has a software disk also.
    Will let you know how I get on.

5. Fred98765

Fred98765 Member

I did manage to convert my pvr files using dvd santa.

I would prefer to be able to transfer the files to my laptop via the usb to usb cable as discussed but vista does not seem to reconise the hard drive on the pvr.
    Anyone had any succes using vista to transfer recordings from pvr to their laptop?

Thanks.