1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Codecs To Install

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by markl_uk, May 15, 2003.

1. markl_uk

markl_uk Guest

I have recently formatted my computer,installed all codecs i need,xvid,divx,wave/dest,morgan stream switcher etc, and when i watched avi's they worked fine, but when i loaded gspot to see which codecs are requied to run a film, it crashed. To remedy this i installed some more codecs that i thought would help me, and since then when i watch avi's there are flashing dots on the screen. Even when i uninstall all the codecs from my machine and reinstall the ones i know work, the dots still appear!Is there a conflict between codecs,are the files still in the registry, and how do i get rid of them???It seems to be mostly with xvid files this happens.if anyone can help it will be extremely useful.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

most codecs can be found in the add/remove programs! there is also a way to disable codecs somewhere in the control panel lol!

3. markl_uk

markl_uk Guest

i removed all codec software from my computer in the control panel!they must stay in the registry,but i dunno what id be lookin for if i used regedit.