1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Cord should i use for Coaxial?

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by Xenokai, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Coaxial cable is an RCA cable, in a manner of speaking...."Coaxial" refers to the cable (wire) itself while "RCA" is referring to the tip that the wire is connected to. No, using the yellow wire you spoke of will not create any problems but you should change is to an orange 75ohm coax when you get the chance. The difference is really the huge amount of information that the 75ohm coaxial cable is designed to carry....it is a huge bandwidth containing ALL the information for ALL the speakers ... not just one speaker as the other reg RCA is designed for. So, with the 75 ohm coaxial, you have a far greater bandwidth and a far superior signal transfer. WHile the tip is the RCA plug, the cable itself won't be designed to carry even close to that volume of info....the result could be a noisier signal. It won't harm anything but its worth the extra few bucks to do it right.

3. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

are you sure its worth buying and waiting on? it seems you know alot about them tho i just dont wanna have to spend over 3$ on one i know i had a small one that came with my dvd player around here but if i cant find it will i really hear noise?

4. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

5. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

THe picture won't come out on the ebay link but that's it I'm sure. It has the reg RCA jack on the end and it usually has organge on it somewhere....the plug can be organge or it can have an organge stripe.

Since it can't do any harm, try the yellow video RCA cable ,,,like I said, the plug itself is the same but Coax is heftier because of the amount of info it carries. It the yellow one seems like its good and hefty, give it a try. It can't hurt anything.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2006
  6. dblbogey7

dblbogey7 Guest

7. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

hmm thanks ill prob try the yellow cable its also gold plated maybe itl help. But i was looking threw some of my dvd cords and found a Brown cable and i thik it sais 80ohms im not sure if its coaxial. But how good owul that work? maybe it cant be 80ohms? it look kinda thin and cheap tho

8. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

If it looks thin and cheap, DON'T use it. You always want to use good cables ... I don't mean you have to go out and spend a couple of thousand dollars on monster cables but remember that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link ... you can have a system made up of the best equipment in the world but if you connect it with a thin one dollar cable, it will sound like a one dollar stereo.

9. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

I think this thick yellow cable may be well made its big and hefty and is gold plated. I just want my 6.1 reciever to work with my ps3 as good as it does with my xbox 360.

10. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

I got the converter today and it works but for some odd reason on the playstation dashboard when i move to diffrent icons i hear the sub make a sound as if the audio signal changed but it doesnt. sometime if i move to a diffrent icon right when it does it the normal sound effect isnt heard. The cord seems fine on blu ray, dvd, and games just the menu of the ps3 makes this sound. its not real bad and it could be the ps3 itself. what do you think?