1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which CPU?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by acronwood, Dec 10, 2007.

1. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

just because the pentium d925 has higher specs than the E2140 c2d doesn't mean it's better. like waymon said, c2d architecture is way better. a better architecture can result in getting the same performance, but using less power and lower specs; less power = less heat. and if you add aftermarket cooling, the c2d will be even cooler than a pentium d with the same setup.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  2. troybunda

troybunda Member

will you see any difference when doing anything this guyz doin? no, and he'll save some money

3. GTR35

GTR35 Active member

Pentium Dual - Core is never faster than Core 2 Duo...

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

troybunda: I'm going to choose the E2140 because it's faster. Look at some benchmarks, not just the statistics. Pentium Ds suck, and they always have.
    There is NO situation where I would ever recommend a Pentium D nowadays, not to anyone. There simply is no reason to buy one.

5. GTR35

GTR35 Active member

this is so funny...when PD is out everyone is like "Oh my G** that is so cool" etc and now it's like "no ways thats piece of crap, and it's bloody hot"...LOL!

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I wasn't. When the Pentium D came out I was like "but the X2 is better, so I'll buy one of those".