1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which do I choose Title1 or Title2

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Tallula, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Tallula

Tallula Guest

On some of the movies I try to back up Pulp Fiction for example when I choose Main Movie in re-author I get 2 titles 1 &2 If I try to copy both it's either to big for the disc or it takes over 4 hours to do. Can I delite one? If so which 1 do I keep and which do I delete?
    Thanks in advance

2. brobear

brobear Guest

Movies that have 2 versions normally have a wide screen and full screen version. Preview the files to see which is which and choose the format you want.

3. Tallula

Tallula Guest

I didn't know I could preview it. How do I do that?
    Thanks for helping a wee Scottish lassie

4. brobear

brobear Guest

What program are you using to do the recording?

5. Tallula

Tallula Guest

dvd shrink I also have nero6 I just chose the title1 and it's going to take 1hour 15min

6. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Movies with wide and full screen versions are usually nice to backup. If you stay in full disc mode and insert a still image in whichever you don't wish to keep (wide/full), this often reduces the file size enough that very little if any compression needed. Which means you get to keep the extras and menus.

7. Tallula

Tallula Guest

I may sound thick but how do I insert a still image? Can I get it to take less than 1 hour 20 min or is this normal time My computer is a baby compared to yours 40g hard drive only an amadron thingy with 300 odd ram, but it does what it's told to do and i'm happy with that

8. brobear

brobear Guest

For Preview you click on the file you want to view and the screen in the lower left portion has the player controls. Double clicking the screen will go to full and back to small again. And the controls are reminiscent of the windows player. To insert a still image, you go into the drop down window under Video for the compression. With the the file you want to edit, have it highlighted and select still image as the compression setting. You can insert still image for all the segments except Menu and Movie and have movie only and the menu or any combination of the chapters you want.

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You also might come across a movie with 2 titles or 1 title with 2 diffrent angels. One with comentary on it and sometimes end credits are diffrent.

10. brobear

brobear Guest

Good reason to preview the files as I mentioned.

11. Tallula

Tallula Guest

Thaks I'll wwrite it down and try it. Can you help with this. I downloaded a film in windows media it plays in windows media great but i cant burn it to disk with either shrink or nero they don't recocnise it. How do I transfer it to dvd and what if any programs do i need to change its format. I don't even know what type of file it is as im a complete novice at this. Or can you tell me which forum to go into thanks again guys for the help you've been great
    XXXXX

12. brobear

brobear Guest

Windows handles so many types, I can't help you there.