1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which do I use dvd43 or decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bailey44, May 3, 2005.

1. bailey44

bailey44 Member

Have both dvd decrypter and dvd 43 which is the one to use

PS with dvd 43 do I use shrink with it also

Thanks Joe

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

They both work but in different ways. Decrypter will decrypt and rip your dvd to the had drive. It can also burn back to the blank dvd if the file size is correct. DVD43 is a driver type decrypter that runs in the background and can be used with many programs. It doesn't rip to the HD or burn by itself. You hardly know its working except for the face change in the system tray. It is similar to Anydvd that works the same way.

Jerry

Yes it should work with Shrink but is only needed for the newer encryption that Shrink can't handle by itself. Shrink will decrypt almost any movie before November 2004 by itself.

Last edited: May 3, 2005
  3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

If you are using DVD 43 yes you would use Shrink, unless you have another program such as Nero Recode you want to use.

4. kocher

kocher Regular member

i use shrink to rip and decrypter to burn, sometimes just decrypter for both and have no probs. never had to use anydvd yet.

5. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Keep both of them, they're good to decrypt the new protections on dvds. If Decrypter can't crack the code, then try to have DVD43 handle it or vice versa.