1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which drive to burn 360 games? and how to rip them?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by blooddeal, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blooddeal

blooddeal Member

Hello! I'm new here :)

I just recently brought a LG GH22NP20. (with bitsetting/booktype)

-I managed to use the wxripper method with great success.
    -I heard somewhere that the only way to rip games is using your 360 DVD drive, but i used the LG. After the burn completed it didn't work on my 360... yes my 360 is flashed with 1.5 or 1.6.

-I was using verbatim DVD+R DL disks and I was wondering if I should get a pioneer, does it matter witch one? I know the Pioneer 111d is popular but would any pioneer do? How bout one with SATA?

-I used lord of the rings return of the king DVD which is 7.5 it ripped perfectly after finding the number and changing that dummy thing. I didn't know how to extract my own ss.bin file so i just got it off the internet. When i used ss merger the box was red.

-After the rip i got my game iso over 7.5GB i used the ss file from the internet and burning went smoothly, my drive has booktype/bitsetting.

I'm wondering why my 360 didn't read the disc, could it of been a small error i had made? for example the ss file not merging correctly with the iso? Or the burner just not a fan of burning 360 games? Also I don't want to buy a burner online as today I'm going to return the LG and swap it for a pioneer drive with SATA not IDE.

I know this is long but i need lots of clearing up.

2. blooddeal

blooddeal Member

Sorry, I'll post in the correct section

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.