1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which - DV Capture or TV Card?

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by rmunk, Jul 30, 2003.

1. rmunk

rmunk Member

I'm going to get into changing Hi8 and VHS to DVD. Which is better to convert analog to digital, a DV capture device like Canopus ADVC-100 or a card like ATI AIW RADEON?

2. plimper

plimper Guest

Hello there!!!
    I never used the ati.I have like 2 months now the Canopus ADVC-100 and all i have to say is just go out there and buy the Canopus ADVC-100!!!
    It's worth every cent that you will ever give.I have already transfered 30 vhs of 3hours and it captured them all with 0 dropped frames, plus best image and sound quality too.
    I am very happy with it.It's your decision though.Just search at forums mate don't take it from me only?
    /http://www.dvdrhelp.com/

3. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

The nice thing with ADVC-100 is that you never seem to have audio sync issues, even for really long captures. The video quality is great as well. Well worth the pennies.

4. plimper

plimper Guest

jnihil
    It's not only that.You don't need drivers plus it has so many plugs in front and on the back for use them as in/out or vice versa.I am really happy with it and i am using it profesionally.Making editing,capturing and transfering to dvd.I paid like 420euros and it was 510euros at that time.Now in 10 days of work it paid it double.The biggest thing is all the customers are very happy with me.I am happy with ADVC-100 too as well.
    Hello again to this awesome forum!!!Peace.

5. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

Yes. And it's also portable. I took a laptop with me overseas to do much of the restoration work for many analog videos. Would have hated to carry my monster tower unit with me.

We're starting to sound like the marketing group from Canopus... :)

Rgds,
    jnihil.

6. plimper

plimper Guest

Actually every person that buys that awesome product becomes a marketing person.Maybe we should ask from canopus to join them?He he.Sincerelly plimper.