1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which DVD Copy Software Is Fastest

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by retroaibo, Mar 6, 2005.

1. retroaibo

retroaibo Guest

Hi all

Out of all the DVD backup software thats out there what software is the quickest ie from start to finnish which software backups up a DVD the quickest?

Dave

2. Adouble11

Adouble11 Regular member

DVDDecrypter is fast and free. I like DVDShrink the best which is also free, but takes longer because you have the options to run a deep analysis on the disc when backing up which ultimatly gives you great quality. I like Nero Enterprise Edition for burning. A big movie takes about 14 min. on my computer and the smaller the movie is the quicker it will be. The shortest I ever had was about 9 min. ( keep in mind all these burning times are at 4X).

3. retroaibo

retroaibo Guest

WOW!! So you are saying that the 14mins is the total time from putting in the original to taking out the backup?

I am using CloneDVD2 and it take about 30mins before it asks me to put in the blank disk and then the burning takes about 15mins so I would say between 40 & 60mins depending on the size of the film

I am using a 4x burner and have a decent pc setup

So the 14mins you are quoting is with DVDDecrypter or Nero ?

4. Adouble11

Adouble11 Regular member

No. I use Nero to burn and it takes about 14 min, to burn at 4X.

The backup takes longer. CloneDVD is pretty quick and DVD Dycrypter(to back up). DVDShrink is a little longer to backup, but I think it's better quality because it gives you more options. On average the whole process, backup and burn, will take- between 45min. to 75 min. depending on your computer, your writer, what software you use, and what movie you are doing.

5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yeah retroaibo you arent gonna get much better than that time wise with other programs,your time is about the norm. i use DVD X COPY Platinum amd can do a movie usally it about 25 mintues from start to finsh ,but i wouldnt recomend buying it cause its becoming an out dated program.

6. retroaibo

retroaibo Guest

Cheers thanks for all your help

7. vike

vike Member

I use DVDShrink to rip and compress and Primo DVD to burn. I can do a rip, compress, and burn session in about 30-32 minutes for a 6-7 GB movie. Retro, your bottleneck usually occurs during your rip process. If you are using a DVD writer to rip, it usually takes longer because my burner only rips at 2.1-2.3x speed. Using my burner to rip and burn and the whole process takes about 50 mins. I bought a Lite-On 167T DVD ROM which I've seen go up to about 9x-10x speed on its best day and average about 7x speed. So if you are looking for speed, start with a clean, non-scratched original, a dedicated (and fast) DVD ROM, use Shrink so you can rip and compress simultaneously, then use your choice of software to author. I've used Nero, Copy to DVD, and Primo to burn and they all seem to be about Equal in terms of speed.

8. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Intervideo dvd copy 3, will blow the doors off most any app ive seen,when used with AnyDvd.Its the fastest ive ever used,with amazing quality.

9. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

jim_dandy,

You took the words right outta my mouth. Not only is it one of the fastest proggy's it also is one of the best vidio quality wise. From start to backup in hand anywhere from 30-45 minutes with a 2 hr plus movie