1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which dvd drive?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Halen5150, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

Hey; thinking about the future and I'm pretty sure that before the end of summer I'll be in the market for another dvd drive to add to my computer. The main reason why, though, is because the one I originally bought to go with my custom build had RIPLOCK on it; little did I know.

...And I must say it's very irritating because it siginificantly kills your speeds when using progs. like dvd decrypter.

So; could anyone suggest to me a good drive/burner that I will mainly use for ripping dvds to hdd?

My requests for suggestions:
    1. Make sure it's cheap. [..and I mean CHEAP--I.E. 30 bucks or less]
    2. It absolutely CANNOT have Riplock--that's why I'm getting another drive in the first place because the one I have right now does and it's irritating as hell.
    3. Hopefully should be able to read many different kinds of discs depending on quality [I.E. It should be able to read scratched/marred discs fairly well;--I don't want it to be one of those drives where the disc has to be in PERFECT shape just to be read by the drive;)]

Other than that; I'm open for suggestions!
    Thanks!
    --Halen5150

2. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Try this one... LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache E-IDE/ATAPI DVD Burner with LightScribe Technology - OEM

$33.99
    Free 3 Business Day Shipping
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106055

If you do not live in CA...its only $4 more then your budget...