1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which dvd ripper?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by phoen1x, Feb 1, 2004.

1. phoen1x

phoen1x Member

I am hoping to start making music videos using video captured from dvds. My question is what program should I get (price doesn't matter). I need to be able to capture video/audio from dvds to mpeg or avi format, so i can use it with programs like Roxio VideoWave. The quality has to be good, and that's my problem. I have tried a couple programs, but they either made it horrible quality, or i had to disable video acceleration, which made the quality even worse. It would be nice to be able to select the chapter to rip, although that's not neccessary. I'm sorry for the length of this, by the way, but i've been searching for a long time, and haven't found what i want. Thanks very much!

2. RNF1968

RNF1968 Regular member

Well lets start with what programs you have already tried. This way I dont recommend something you already tried.

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

You don"t need to Capture from DVD"s...As Long as you have a DVD-Rom drive you can simple Transfer the DVD to your Hard drive useing something like "Smartripper" or "DVD Decryptor" that after the Movies is on your Hard drive you can do with it what you wish....

4. phoen1x

phoen1x Member

I don't have a dvd rom drive, that's the problem...sorry i haven't replyed for awhile, but i've been working a lot. anyway, I have tried 1st DVD ripper, and dvd rip'n'burn, and they both work, but the quality isn't very good. I don't mind spending money on a commercial product, but i just need to know one that works. by the way i also tried using riverpast screen recorder, and that works too, but when i turn of video accerlation, the quality is bad...

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

You Must have a DVD Drive...How do you Play DVD"s on your PC without a DVD Drive??
    And you say that "Price Doesn"t Matter" so Get off yer But and go spend the $30 and Buy one.....Cheers
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]It"s better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On!!![/small]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2004
  6. phoen1x

phoen1x Member

I thought you mean DVD-R drive, sorry. but i know i can buy one, but i've looked at a lot and they all say how great they are, of course, so i just thought that people here might have already tried one and could recommend it above the others.

7. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

get dvd shrink (free) you can use reauthor to rip specific chapters to your hd- then use tmpg enc to encode it as mpeg.