1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which DVD+RW Media???

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by MLCY, Oct 6, 2003.

1. MLCY

MLCY Member

Ok. So I finally got my XBOX moded with a Matrix Mod chip with the EVOXD6Blue BIOS and the Evox dashboard. The Xbox boots to with the blue logo and the dashboard. However, now I am trying to make a backup copy of a game and I cant seem to get the DVD drive to read any of the DVD+RW media that I have. I have tried three different brands of media all with no success. I have version 1.0 of the XBOX. Does anyone have any recommendations on the brand of media I should be using???

Thanks

Greg

2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Fuji Film, Memorex, Maxell, Verbatim all seem to work pretty well. Also, what are you using to create the XBox ISO image before burning the disc?
    RustyDog

3. MLCY

MLCY Member

I am using XISO version 1.1.5. Is there something better to use???

Thanks for your suggestions. I will go to the store and get a couple of the brands that you recommend.

Greg

4. MLCY

MLCY Member

I just tried a Fuji Film DVD+RW media and got the same results. Any other thoughts?

5. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Don't use XISO.
    Either ISOMaker or Craxtion.
    RustyDog

6. wayko

wayko Member

I ahve a pioneer ao5 and i use fuji dvd-r and not had a problem as of yet but darn tiger woods pga 2004 is a problem

7. MLCY

MLCY Member

I was finally able to get a backup of an Xbox game using Craxton. What I noticed different about this program from XISO and ISOMaker is that it patched a file before it created the ISO Image. I dont really know what it patched, but it worked. WOOOHOOO!!!

So I have another question, I have copied my favorite game to the hard drive (Madden 2004). It shows up in the dashboard menu, but when I select it, the game starts to load, but then goes back to the dashboard menu. Is there something that I need to do to the game in order to get it to run from the hard drive??

Thanks to everyone for their advice and suggestions.

Greg