1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which DVDs

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Bestmiler, Dec 10, 2005.

1. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

@bestmiler

I was talking to drz50. That will be another day for you, sorry.

2. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

@bestmiler
    Booktyping/Bitsetting: Burner Setting change to allow DVD+R and DVD+RW disks to be recognized by players as DVD-ROM, to increase compatability. Already Discussed many times in many forums. Try looking around or "search a topic" before questioning. You CAN find some answers on your own. As a "junior member" you have graduated from "newbie" status but you questions haven't. you should be helping others by now.

3. Bestmiler

Bestmiler Guest

I must learn before I can teach someone. Im still new (about a week) on this board. Im getting the hang of it though. thanks

4. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

How did you get from "newbie" to junior member in one week?
    A change in status is expected to reflect your usefullness to others. Start reading the guides and other forum posts. Your questions have been asked and answered many times already. Do a search before you post. Many members are getting frustrated with you.

5. LOCOENG

@stanH1000

Junior member status is reached after about 25 posts...

6. gear79

gear79 Guest

i'm back...........

and has nothing to do with the quality of the post either. you can post all day long in safety valve and hit 'member' status quickly. there have been tons of newbies itching to hit another status besides newbie.. mods will take note from time to time and warn members to post relevant questions or answers, rather then just dumb meaningless posts..

7. LOCOENG

@gear79

Hey man...yooooo can't reup on a thread once you've announced your departure. Indian threader...LOL

I'm diggin' your new sig, excellent. I can see I'm gonna have to pay the phantom a visit.

8. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@gear79, hey whose got a flash sig, did the Phantom make it??

9. gear79

gear79 Guest

*singing*................ i'll never tell !!! (about my sig)
    working on a new and improved one too !! shhh, a secret..

i came back cuz i was following the thread, but with no notifications sent to my e-mail.

but seeing how it seems like the info given prior to and after my departure......... has not sunk in, i want to amm my 2 cents worth, but will refrain from doing so, unless directly asked to do so.
    i would like to add though, i did learn something from LOCO's reply...
    i learned that i can compress the menu's and extra B.S. and still have little or no compression on the movie itself. and the funny thing is, it took me just one time to read it and learn it........ no sarcasim intended............ oh wait, i take that back, it [bold]IS[/bold] intended.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2005
  10. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I refer back to one of my replies, oh so long ago, now what type of petrol was that, with lead or without lead?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2005
  11. gear79

gear79 Guest

you want cheese on that gwen??

12. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@Bestmiller, I have been going through the forums and have noticed, to my surprise that you are also asking related questions there as well. I can see why some members are no longer willing to help you. Stick to one forum and as I said on a number of occasions

[bold]SOLVE 1 PROBLEM AT A TIME[/bold]

@gear79, yes please, a really [bold]THICK[/bold] piece thanks..

Last edited: Dec 22, 2005
  13. LOCOENG

@gear79

I'm always happy to help, even if unknowingly...if you get a new sig, can I steal that one and put a train on it???LOL

14. gear79

gear79 Guest

@ LOCO... PM phantom, he mad a bad a$$ one for neph too.... but i dont think he has seen it yet..

15. Bestmiler

Bestmiler Guest

gwen, lets say I want to learn more about backing up pc games, then why would i ask a question about it here, if this forum is for dvd backups

16. belle571

belle571 Member

I have been trying to rip Madagasgar and I am having trouble. I did it first with dvd decrypter and tried burning it with dvd shrink and I get an error message. Also, I have on anydvd. Help!

17. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

Most recent AnyDVD running in background should allow Shrink to do its thing without a problem. What exactly is the issue?

18. LOCOENG

As StanH1000 stated, make sure that you are using the most current version of AnyDVD. When putting disc in the drive, give AnyDVD a few seconds to work its magic before opening DVD Decrypter or DVD Shrink. If you are starting with DVD Decrypter you will need to set it up to let the copy protection stripping be done by AnyDVD. To do this go to Tools->settings->I/O tab...under the interface options select ElbyCDIO->elaborate bytes. This setting will allow DVD Decrypter to rip while AnyDVD strips protection. If you start with DVD Shrink you should be able to simply open DVD Shrink with AnyDVD running in the background.

19. stipey

stipey Member

I have a NEC ND3520A burner with 3.6 fw. I can't change book type of DVD+R (verbatim spindle box 16X) with any tools...it let me change only the book type of DVD+ DL. Can anyone give me an advice about this problem?

thanks!!

20. LOCOENG