1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Filter, With Screens

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by me4321, Nov 27, 2006.

1. me4321

me4321 Member

Hi I'm having some trouble with the DVD Scrubs, the DVD itself seems to be of low quality, and when I use RB on it, it gets a whole low worse. So I was wondering if there are any filters I could use that would make result better. I've tried Undot, and DeInterlace, but the resulting quailty is pretty terrible.

Thank you.

This is a pic. from the original DVD

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

It's hard to tell anything about that frame because it's interlaced. Deinterlacing would make it more compressible, but would damage the video in other ways. If you want to figure out what filters you should try on it you need to start by separating the fields. Likewise, if you're going to use spatial filters you need to separate the fields first in your AVS file. Otherwise you're comparing information that belongs to 2 different pictures as though it were part of the same one.

If you can post a sample of just 1 field I'll be happy to offer any suggestions I have. You can get individual fields as frames with AviSynth by using this line:

SeparateFields()

Edit: In my experience TV show DVDs tend to be of fairly low quality to begin with so they can spend as little money as possible producing them.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2006