1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which hdtv to get...

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by rich0331, Aug 21, 2006.

1. rich0331

rich0331 Member

okay, i want a lcd hdtv for watching tv, playing my xbox 360, and also for using as a computer screen (what kinda input is required for this...i have a dell dimension 9100 pc...is it just a s-video input or do i need dvi?)...my budget is around $2000, i want a 37"-42" screen, needs to be widescreen & black if possible, and i defintely want it to support 720p and 1080i so my xbox 360 will look good on it...please help me find what im looking for because im going to purchase this in the near future...thx

peace

2. mfrink

mfrink Regular member

I've been doing a lil bit of research and I finally pulled the trigger on a Westinghouse 42" LCD Monitor. Granted this isn't an actual TV because it doesn't have a coaxial input and you need a tuner/cable box/satilite reciever in order to get TV Braodcasts and HD content. I have digital cable so with any TV i was going to be using a cable box, so this issue wasn't a concern for me.

I baught this tv at best buy yesturday. I applied for the bb credit card so I got 2 years 0% intrest. The total of the TV was 2,047 and that is with a $250 4 year BB replacement plan. So this monitor is def in your budget. Now the kicker...this TV will display TRUE 1080p HD resolution. Yes for under 2 grand. I hooked up my computer to this monitor and wow, this is amazing. (You will need a graphic's card with dvi and that can display 1920 by 1080p) Granted I have only had this TV for about 24 hours, I have read extensive reviews and all have been spectacular and I can see why. I watched some Windows Media HD Content last night in full 1080p resolution and i was blow away. I can't wait for my PS3 and to watch a blue-ray movie.

You said you have an XBOX 360, well when the HD-DVD player comes out you could grab that and watch movies in 1080p. If only we could get true 1080p broudcasts!

Sorry for the spelling and I hope I've helped in your quest for and HDTV. I am happy with this model but this is a huge decision and it is entirely up to you.

Mitch