1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which ipod for me?

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by zerosouls, Jun 16, 2006.

1. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

I'm going to Edmonton this summer to work, so i'll be making like 2800 so moneys not a problem for me.

I just want to know what the best ipod is out there. My buddy has a black nano and it screws up from time to time, scratches so easily.

I want something that can play my wrestling matches up to maybe 20 gigs of them most in avi or mpg etc, and maybe 7 gigs plus of music.

So in your opinion whats the ipod i should get? What things should i get with it? And if you have anymore tips or idea just name them.

2. Chee5e

Chee5e Member

Alright I paid 135 for a iPod Video 30GB, Becuase it was stolen off this kid at my school by one of these kids I hang out with time to time. And he said he was going to get caught with it so he asked anyone at my table if we wanted to buy it and I said I would. I have had it for prolly 6 months and no problems yet. Only there was one. I can't get a theme on it by modding it. Well you might not be into modding it but I like to have a unique player anyways I can mod it just need proper instructions. Sorry to get off track. Anyways I think you should get a iPod video from Best Buy Or somthing where ever you can get one. Anyways I think their $300. So It's cool since your getting $2,800. So and on here they will tell you how to put movies on it. Well i can tell you how to with out any problems involved. Alright. it's cool. Anyways I would prefer the $300 dollor Video iPod. So yeah. thats my opinion.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2006
  3. DarkJello

DarkJello Regular member

Your videos could need to be converted before they'll play properly on the iPod:

Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 768 Kbps, 320 x 240, 30 frames per sec., Baseline Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC up to 160 Kbps, 48 KHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats;

MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 480 x 480, 30 frames per sec., Simple Profile with AAC-LC up to 160 Kbps, 48 KHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats

There are a few ways to convert uncompatabile formats, just check Lethal's guide stickied at the top of this forum.

I would suggest buying a 60 gig iPod but it really depends on how much video you're looking to put on. I have a 30 gig iPod and it's fairly durable. I don't use a case so its a bit scratched up but you can't tell if the backlights on. There are numerous cases availible and if you're concerned with scratches I'd suggest buying one. My favorite case is Clear Cal its not really a case but just a clear protective film, so it doesn't take away from the iPods sleekness, but gives you great scratch protection. Just have to be careful not to drop it!

4. alienator

alienator Regular member

edit out the email man your just asking spambots to attaack you

5. Chee5e

Chee5e Member

thankx alienator, Appreciate it, Never thought about it. Thankx