1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which ipod to choose

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by karmazz, Jun 2, 2007.

1. karmazz

karmazz Member

I was hoping for help I have a 19 yr. son that wants an ipod video? I'm new to this and he wants this for a trip this summer while traveling. He wants to listen to music and watch videos. Also which ipod is the best for this? Also I'm wondering does software come with this so he can grab movies and music? Are there different format for different ipods? Like avi, mpeg4...etc..
    Thanks in advance for your time and help

2. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

I would go with the 30GB iPod. It has video capablilties and it comes with the iTunes software where you can download music, movies etc. All of the iPods use the mp4 format for videos and if you get iTunes, it automatically has a converter to convert whatever music you have.

3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yes the IPod Video 30 gig is the way to go . i got one a few weeks ago and love it. Best Buy has them for 249.00 amazon.com is 229.00 free shipping and no tax. i got mine at Best Buy for 237.49 they matched Circuit City price . also consider these earbuds if you want something nicer than the earbuds that come with the IPod. i have about 2000 plus albums and can get my complete collection on the IPod and still have plenty of room left so there great fun

V-Moda Vibe Earphones

http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...&satitle=NEW+V-Moda+Vibe+Earphones&category0=

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2007
  4. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

I agree with the above suggestions. I have the 30gig video ipod and it works like a charm. The only thing you or your son may need to choose is either buying it in black or white :)

5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

and on that i say go with the black . the white shows to much dirt ect.

6. tucker001

tucker001 Regular member

i like white but i do agree the 30gb video is the way to go and it is 249 at apple.com and you can get it engraved for free consider getting a case for it at case-mate.com

7. karmazz

karmazz Member

Thank-you for all your help. That was the hard part just learning which one. I love the idea of having it engraved! Thanks again for your time