1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which is best for movie burning DVD+RW or DVD-RW?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by themonkey, Nov 28, 2004.

1. themonkey

themonkey Member

My writer (Iisonic) is classed as DVD-RW and DVD+RW. I assume this means it burns both types (?).
    If this is so, which is the best for transfering VHS to DVD?

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Hard to say. +RW uses newer technology, so you can usually burn faster with them. -RW, on the other hand, are more commonly used. So it all comes down to compatibility with other PC or stand alone player. Mind you, many stand alone players cannot handle +/-RW that well. So there's some experiementing to do too.

3. themonkey

themonkey Member

scf_au - I did look at the 'Sticky' regarding them, but as it was last Edited 2 years ago, I thought there must be new technology in place by now.

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Yes, new technologies are indeed coming along --- e.g. TDK has invented DVDs that are non-scratchable, Maxell has developed a new dye that would last much longer, and Pioneer is developing DVDs that can hold 510GB of data ...... So things would definitely not be the same a few years into the future. But for now, although my PC burner can work with +/- RWs, my stand alone DVD player can only play -RWs. So what can you do???????? *_*

5. themonkey

themonkey Member

I think you've supplied the answer - use DVD- and wait!

Thanks again