1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which is beter!!!??

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Wayne_T, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

What is the better out of the 2.
    an AMD athlon 64 3000+ or an intel P4 3.2Ghz HT.
    meaning what is faster cooler (temp) and better.

2. Radon

Radon Guest

Hi there Wayne_T,

I work for a computer store in Australia/Canberra and we deal with both products. By far I will and stick by the AMD 64BIT technology. We recommend AMD 64 over P4. Dependeing on the motherboard you decided to buy, some come with a feature called "cool and quite", I'm sure you can work out the meaning of this. Not sure what your means behind the processor are but f**k it cuts the time by alot when reencoding movies.

Cheers Radon

3. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I put a vote for the AMD 64bit. I want a new 3700+ notebook, but still too expensive. P4 are good, but seem slow for movies and imaging editing.

4. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

Well Ah it looks like i will be getting an AMD when i get a new computer.

5. Radon

Radon Guest

Did some more research on AMD 64BIT laptops. If you can hold out for six months, AMD will be bring out a mobile processor which obviously will be better then the current ones. By the way, thats australian dates.

Also, if your buying a desktop AMD64 BIT machine, buy a AMD 939 3000 because you will be able to over clock it to an FX55.

6. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

If its mobile, in the intell sense of the word. Then not that better. Some are good for overclocking, but the majority are slow and ment to be, so use less of your battery. I like desktops boards that have been placed in a notebook frame. As in my Toshiba 2.8Ghz that I bought in March 2003. Was out before desktops were running at 533 bus with 2.8Ghz and in compact notebook design. Moble processors have something striped out, or are slower for energy saving resons. But if battery life is important then its a good thing. IF your a power nut, go for what are now called desktop replacements.

7. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

thx but i was talking about desktops :p

8. ppiper

ppiper Member

go with the amd 64 on socket 939 im gonna build a 3500 next month u can check out amdzone.com and get alot of info just make sure u get a good motherboard on a 64 an asus rev 2 or a neo platnum 2 and the new enforce4 boards r gonna be out at the end of this month and that would be something to definetly look at fot the future id go with the amd 64 all the way and u wont have to spend that much more if u went up a bit go with the socket 939 u can always upgrade to a fx chip later when the prices drop thats what id do anyways

9. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

man i read up on AMD's and it turns out that they are awsome and they are worth the money.

10. ppiper

ppiper Member

hell ya i cant wait just bought me a sony dvd burner today to go with it the only thing im kinda worried about is using the nero 6 it came with its nero6 SE probably a oem version and i might not be able to update it

11. ppiper

ppiper Member

amd 64 3500 sony dvd burner and i havent maid my mind up about my m board yet 3500 90nm socket 939 i just bought an all in wonder 9600xt agp and i want to use it but the new nforce4 boards r gonna be out and i dont know what im gonna do yet

12. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

wait for the nforce4 mobo's man they are supposed to be awsome.

13. hd517

hd517 Member

i was going to get a P-4 but than i did research and i even posted on this site asking what they would do and i chose amd. athlon has been doing really well. it crushed intel in the head-to head competition in the maximum pc magazine.

14. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

nice choice of words....aka CRUSHED!!!.

15. ppiper

ppiper Member

the only thing i like good about the p4 is the fast encoding/decoding but they run HOT the new ones anyways my buddy has a p4 2.8 and it seemed shitty to me not worth the money he paid for it from dell if the new intel chips werent so hot theyd be better (and if they were cheaper)right now im running an amd athlon 1.3 with a gig of mem. and i wanted to give the new p4 a 3.2 a try and switch and buy one because im a big encoder/decoder/dvd/ps2 fan but when i started reading into them and then i seen the new amd64 layout i changed my mind im hoping a p4 fan with a new pc hits this thread and tries to change my mind (TRIES LOL!) it would be nice to hear from someone whos has a top of the line p4 chip who is totally satisfied with what they got, my old amd opens apps as fast as my buddies 2.8 p4 i know logically it doesnt but ive had this amd forever and his is new and i think for what he paid it should be alot better with multitasking or anything for that matter than mine with its little 1.3 overclock --im gonna get me a 350064 and overclock it abit and i have this feeling im gonna see a big difference in favor to mine over his p4 2.8

16. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

im still with AMD

17. ppiper

ppiper Member

yup amd is just a more reliable less expensive pc more bang for the buck i cant wait till january so i can build my 3500amd64

18. hd517

hd517 Member

oh man, the AMD Athlon FX-55 a bad ass proccesoor, im gonna wait till the price drops,so i can buil one. this was the proccessor (as Wayne_T would say) CRUSHED Intel in the dirt, but athlon in general ( in my opinion) is beter than Intel, but intel also has some advantages like it NEVER overheats, unless of course you do it on purpose and take out the fan, lol,but ive had nothing but good results with AMD and most of all, its fast as hell.

19. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

you will be waiting a while then :p

20. hd517

hd517 Member

lol, tru, actually i found a deal where i can get it new fo 400$. i think thats an ok price, it is legit, not something off of ebay.