1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which is better CD Burner +DVDBurner, DVDBurner+DVD Burner, DVD Rom+DVDBurner

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cynn, Jan 10, 2007.

1. cynn

cynn Regular member

I presently have
    2 DVD Burners(LG)
    1 CD Burner (Asus)
    1 DVD Rom (Hitachi)

I can only fix 2 on computer.

Presently my combination is one CDBurner and one DVD Burner
    BUT I am getting tired of always having to burn image onto hard disk, then burn onto disk. I am thinking of DVD Burner + DVD Burner so I can just burn on the fly. Is this a good idea? Cuts half the time. Someone who burns DVDs on the fly, pls advise...thks

Also, will the DVD burners burn VCDs as good as a CD Burner? I felt that LG6147B did not burn as good the quality image when burning CDs,,, maybe I am wrong. But now I have the H20N too. Maybe this is better for VCD...

Anyway, pls advise. I really would like to do DVD on the fly if there are no disadvantages/minimal.

2. JVC

JVC Active member

I would say go with dvd rom and dvd burner, since dvd burners, also burn cds. Having cd burner [bold]and[/bold] dvd burner, or two dvd burners, is overkill, I think.

Burning dvds on the fly, is not a good (recommended) way of burning dvds.........can cause too many read (playback) errors.

3. cynn

cynn Regular member

Thks for advice JVC. I didn't quite understand the "overkill" part. Am I presently overloading/taxing anything by having cd burner + dvd burner? iF so, how exactly?

DVD rom + dvd seems fine but can anyone out there tell me if a dvd burner will burn a vcd as good a quality as a cd burner (if there's no differnce, why are they still making cd burners...)

@Jvc, have all your experience with burning dvd on the fly been with lots of errors?

4. JVC

JVC Active member

I don't burn dvds on the fly. I read where others that tried said it made read errors too common.

I've never burned a vcd. I've not had a use for one. I only burn cds and dvds. You have a burner installed..........try one.