1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which is better -or +

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by darkcast, Dec 6, 2004.

1. darkcast

darkcast Member

Hi i want to know which format is the best for backing up
    DVD movies. and also which is the best media ritek,sony,memorex,ect ect ?

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey darkcast,Which is better + or - ?It usually does not matter on the pc,however,it is what you are going to play those backups on after you pc. The dreaded stand alone players.Some of them can be a little screwy.The best thing is to have a quality burner that will do both + and -.The best media for backups is another topic where some people like ritek,some verbatim,some ty's,and prodiscs.Nearly everyone here will tell you not to waste your money on memorex,bulk rate,and store brands,these are mostly junk.As long as you stick with high quality media like mitsubishi "mcc" produced like verbatim,ty's,and maxell's yellow tops -4x coded mxlrg02,you will have fewer problems in both the pc burning and stand alone playing.Each different brand of media out there is produced by multiple manufacturers. This means if you buy vertatim +4x,another company will make the + 8x. This is where many people run into problems.Maxell's are manufactured by 4 different companies.But all 4 are highly reputatable.I have noticed Maxell's are better in the - format and verbatims in the + format.Check out www.ditialfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm. Download http://www.dvdinfopro.com.Info pro will tell you the code on the blank dvd's and look them up on digitalfaq.com.They have the classes of media there for some of these codes,but haven't updated their list for a while. Hope this help you out some.Later

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Check here to see which format is best for your players
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php

other than that I would have to agree with everything saugmon pointed out in the previous post.
    Good Luck

[​IMG]

4. makenshi1

makenshi1 Member

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey makenshi1, great web site.It says just as I heard, Does not really matter which format to use as long as you are using quality media.That cheap media will screw you up any way it can.Later