1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which is easiest

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by stebbojnr, Oct 29, 2007.

1. stebbojnr

stebbojnr Guest

hiya,

im thinking of getting a starview box or equivilent and im looking for opinions of which is the best, in terms of ease of setup longevity of channels etc etc. Any help and advice will be appreciated, i'm on virgin media in merseyside if this helps thanking you all in advance for any help or advice you have

2. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

You will receive the same amount of channels on any b0x , the best one to get is the Eurovox Max V 2008 , The set up is easy enough and you can get lots of help here if you get stuck :)

3. stebbojnr

stebbojnr Guest

thanks for that mate its much appreciated does the box just plug and play or do you have to go through a setup if so how hard is it? thanks again

4. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Regarding "THE B0X" , its very easy to set up and usually comes with FTA firmware installed , In order to get ALL channels you will need to update it , It only takes 3-5 mins to do and its easy enough , All info and files can be found here

You will need a null modem cable DB9F to DB9F.

Null modem info

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=L71BT&DOY=2m6

If your pc does not have a serial port you will need a USB to serial port adapter to use in conjunction with the null modem cable.

USB Adapter info

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx...t10&doy=search&MenuName=USB to Serial Adaptor

These two cable links are only for reference as they can be purchased alot cheaper on fleabay.

5. stebbojnr

stebbojnr Guest

thanks again for that would i need both cables if i only have usb connection on my computer? thanks again by the way hard lines for celtic tonight but at least liverpool won a game at last

6. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

If you only have a USB connection , then yes you will need both of these cables to update a b0x

I didnt see any footie tonight , just watching the highlights now lol