1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which is the best pvr box

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by hill16, Nov 26, 2008.

1. hill16

hill16 Regular member

just looking for a bit of advice on the latest pvr boxes i.e evox ex5000 pvr,the box pvr and starview 4 usb has anyone had any problems with any of these and can i record one channel and watch another basically which one is best,on n@l dublin any help very appreciated

2. hill16

hill16 Regular member

3. fltmofa

fltmofa Member

at the moment mate all the boxes are down ive got a starview 3 and dbox got me starview 3 working but not me dbox starview is so much easier to update and use and the channels are in vm order aswell which is a touch!

4. hill16

hill16 Regular member

thanks for the reply m8 i have starview super at the moment should i stick with it for now or go for one of the boxes i asked about which one do you think i should go for?

5. fltmofa

fltmofa Member

each to there own mate really good thing with the starview usb its easy update just plug in a memory stick or whatever u want to use i love my starview so im kinda 1 sided lol but the usb slot appeals to me.

6. hill16

hill16 Regular member

can you record with the usb while watching another channel ?

7. malci

malci Guest

With the EX 5000 you can watch something that is broadcast on the same tp Transponder, while recording another. The SV USB on the plus side you can stick a USB HDD on it up 300gig, check the spec. >>>

http://www.techdna.co.uk/starview4usb.asp