1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which laptop to buy? HP or Toshiba?

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by klimax, May 17, 2008.

1. klimax

klimax Member

I never had a laptop in my life and I am just new at this so if anyone can help that will be great. I have two in mind.
    One is HP for $630 3-gb memory with 160gb hard drive with AMD turion 64 x2 dual core mobile tech. The other is toshiba for $700 with Intel centrino Core 2 Duo Processor with 3GB memory and 250 gb hard drive.
    Hard drive space doesn't mean anything cuz I don't use that much space anyways. And they both come with vista home edi. and same screen size.
    With those specs in mind, which one should I get?
    thank you in advance

2. john179

john179 Active member

Personally i would go for the toshiba my dad has a cracking laptop never let him down used it many times myself and it's a fantastic laptop.The spec you mention is a higher spec than my dads and i'm sure a good toshiba laptop won't let you down.

3. klimax

klimax Member

thanks john for the feedback.
    anyone else?

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I'm voting Toshiba, I know a few people who have them and they'vebeen rock solid. HP ones are also good, but I've not tried one that's at all fast...

5. yamaha5

yamaha5 Guest

I'm in the same situation and can't decide whether to get the toshiba or the gateway. If you guys can please share your knowledge on these two laptops, please do. thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2008