1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which laptop?

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by gera229, Nov 14, 2009.

1. gera229

gera229 Regular member

I know a desktop is the most suitable for gaming. However, I want a reliable stable laptop that I can game with and that will last me a pretty long time. One that's reliable and fast, with plenty of ram. My budget is 1000. Thanks.

I can either use newegg.com or dell.com. I think both are reliable. I hope it doesn't come DOE the first time and dell almost never sends DOE ones. But I'm not sure about newegg because of the reviews.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  2. gera229

gera229 Regular member

Anything? I need to know as soon as possible. Thanks.

3. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

For $1,000 I cant see a gaming lap top thats really going to give you much bang for a buck. Looking at HPs line up, Dells good to but im partial to HP atm, you can get a low end Core 2 Duo, 4 GB DDR3 RAM(which is a waste of money but they dont let you get DDR2) and 1 GB ATI Video card. The video cards pretty good, considering its a mobile card, but i question how much the Core2Duo is going to choke the video card.

4. gera229

gera229 Regular member

Well it's not really gaming, but like one that will be very decent enough even for gaming, and I think 1000 is possible.

5. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

Well over all its descent for gaming, if you throw a little more money at it though, you can bump up that processor.

6. gera229

gera229 Regular member

Ok I "might" be able to pay more, just give me suggested laptops. Thanks.

7. gera229

gera229 Regular member

Any suggestions? if you think this is the same as my other post, this is something totally different, but almost the same topic it's just a different budget.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009