1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which media center is the best?

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by moshepac, Oct 19, 2009.

1. moshepac

moshepac Member

hi guys,

i tried searching through some of the older posts for the answer but i seemed to come up short with every effort. thus the reason for this question.

i need to buy a few media center with 1TB hard drives in them. what sort of features and specs should i be looking for and if there are any that any of you know of that are remarkably better than others please let me know.

these hard drives will just be used as normal media centers only to play music movies and tv shows on the home television.

thanks heaps to all that put an effort in to answer my question.

Moshepac

2. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

Looks like your asking specifically about HDDs, so any standard SATA 1TB drive would be fine to playback music and film.
    Personally I would look for one of the eco drives, as they consume less power, produce less heat.
    Seagate are my preferred make, as they have 3-5 year warranty and for me have always been reliable.

3. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

4. moshepac

moshepac Member

hey thanks heaps guys for your answers

im ordering today 3 of the media centers and 3 1tb hdd to fit into them woooo hoooo

have a goog weekend guys.

and thanks again

5. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

If you order the WD player,the one from the link I posted then the HDD needs to be external(or if internal,you need a USB dongle/adapter, or an enclosure to make it external) to connect it to the player. The hard drive does not go inside the player.

6. moshepac

moshepac Member

no i understood this part.

i order one enclosure and then one internal harddrive and then it should be good for the tv right.
    like i have at home two 1Tb hard drives but they wont go ontop the tv (not that i have tried) but i know.

is this all i need for the hard drive to be able to play staright to the tv?

7. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Yes, that should be it-the WD media player, the drive, and the USB enclosure...well, plus the movies:)), and the popcorn(I personally prefer pistachios !). If old enough,grab a nice cold beer!
    Have fun.