1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which nero 7 version is compatible with window 7 X64?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by henryting, Oct 25, 2009.

1. henryting

henryting Regular member

I switched from vista ultimate X86 to windows 7 Ultimate X64...and my nero 7 wont seems to work on nero 7.
    Can someone enlighten me which version of nero 7 work on windows 7 X64....I dont want to upgrade to nero 8 or nero 9 becos I found it too complicated to use. I only need a simple programme like nero 7.
    Anybody who can enlighted me or show me where I can get nero 7 which is compatible to window 7 ultimate X64 is greatly appreciated.
    Anyone who can response to this message is apprecated as I need nero 7 for my school projects.....deadline is approaching guys please help.
    Thanks

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

I don't know about Windows 7 X64, but for Vista X64, the last version of Nero, 7.10.1.2, works for me. Maybe the only difference is between running on X64 or X86 OS, and if it works on X64 Vista might work on X64 Windows 7 as well. What version of Nero 7 do you have installed?

3. henryting

henryting Regular member

cyprusrom,
    Thank you for your quick response..I think the nero 7 that I have is
    Nero-7.10.1.0_eng_full my previous vista ultimate is a 32bits...
    Do you know where can I get the version that you mentioned.
    Thanks

4. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

It looks like they released a 7.11.10.0 version. I know they have different versions, US/Europe releases, Premium or Ultimatum.I don't know which one you have and if your current key works with this download. Here's a download link.

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Nero-7-Premium-Download-28919.html

I would use the Nero remove tool from Nero's website, to uninstall the previous version.

5. henryting

henryting Regular member

cyprusrom
    Thanks for the info, I have install nero 7 7.11.10.0 version.
    I had tried to mixed several small video clips to make a dvd for my project windows 7 simply unable to insert the video clip...the video clip is in ts and vob format.
    I used to do it with my previous O.S window vista ultimate without problem how come window 7 refused to let me do the job....is it becos of the diff bet 32bits vista and 64bits window 7?
    But if vista X64 can do it why window 7 X64 unable me to insert the video clips? Very strange??

6. scum101

scum101 Guest

but which format is it? .. .ts is a high def format usually seen ripping from blu-shite disks and .vob is a normal type mpeg2 file in udf structure.. neither are suitable for just shoving on a dvd without more work.. .vob need ifo files and menu structures and parts adding.. and .ts need all kinds of crap doing to them.

doing this for a school project eh??.. time to dig out google then and work it out.. I thought school was about learning and not being spoonfed answers.. or am I from that world where kids were taught how to learn instead of programmed sheep to boost school league tables.

7. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

@scum101

The man came for help, and I don't think he requires spoon feeding, just a straight answer. If you do have it, please educate us, if you don't have anything informative to add to the thread, PLEASE stay the hell out! Go flex your one axon in the PSP section...

@henryting

It seems that you are trying to do a DVD compilation in Nero Vision?
    Unfortunately it is a hit and miss, wheather you will be able to use Nero 7 with Win 7 or not. After a bit of research, it seems that not even the first versions of Nero 9 were fully compatible with Windows 7( http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?showtopic=2683 ), However, some people seem to have had success with Nero 7. ( Nero Vision works perfect for me with VOBs on Visat X64).
    Since your deadline is approaching, try and use Windows Movie Maker (WMM will also work with VOB files) until you figure out Nero. If no one can help you here, you could try that forum.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  8. mediaseo

mediaseo Member

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  9. scum101

scum101 Guest

the problem is the vob files.. how about reauthoring with something that accepts them as input and outputs a new iso for the project?

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f32/compatible-vob-file-wont-reauthor-properly-please-help-199475/

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=57127

both suggest the same solution.. personally I rename, edit then reauthor with dvd-author. different solutions for different problems...
    as you will see dvd-flick will support mpeg2 files both ps and ts forms.. http://www.dvdflick.net/features.php

hard wasn't it?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2009
  10. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

No, I think(I could be wrong), but that's not what he is trying to do. Is a Nero Vision project, similar with Windows Movie Maker. You can use different clips(Divx, WMV, VOB...), music files, pictures, all in the same project. You can add transition, effects and so on. Is not just authoring a DVD the way DVD Flick does(If no bells and whistles are needed for the project, just a simple DVD, then the Flick could work also).
    However,Nero Vision should open the VOB files without any prior conversion or anything.

11. henryting

henryting Regular member

Hi cyprusrom,
    Thanks for all your supports, help and suggestions....
    My classmate has come back to me that nero 9 version 9426 is working fine with win 7 but it is too buggy and crappy and too complicated to use until he decided to drop the idea of using nero 9...and uninstalled it.
    He told me he bought nero 9 version 9426 from nero website and now he regretted it. It is not a friendly software after all. Meaning he tried everything nero 9 vers 9426 can offer but cant get a dvd compilation properly. dvdflick no doubt can create menu and insert clips but I found it a bit too slow. But I can give Windows Movie Maker a try. My last resort will be uninstall win 7 and do a clean install of my old vista 32bits back and install back my nero 7 to do my project....Well, hopefully microsoft can come out with some batches to support old software like nero 7. I really regretted of buying the window 7 X64 at the price of USD319 in their website...now that I have to leave that aside and continue with my old O.S window vista ultimate 32 bits..