1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHICH NINTENDO DS FLASH CART IS THE BEST?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by MadDemon, Jan 28, 2007.

1. MadDemon

MadDemon Guest

Hello, i wanna buy a NINTENDO DS FLASH CART but i dunno which1 i should buy, R4DS, M3DS, SuperCard DS(ONE), EZ-FLASH, plz help me, i will only use the flash cart for nds backups, not for media, plz tell me which1 is better and why? and which1 plays more nds backups flawlessly, and if u know of a nds flash cart thats better than the ones i mentioned, plz tell me.

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Either the R4DS or the M3DS, both are exactly the same. If you have to choose between the two, get the M3DS as they have a good reputation of keeping their firmware up to date.

3. aeries

aeries Guest

Hi,

May I ask questions? I'm very new to NDS and all these flash cards. I don't even have a NDS yet, because all of them are sold out.

You are mentioning about M3DS is the recommended card. I'm looking at a site, is that the card? Please verify if it's the correct one.

http://www.gameyeeeah.com/m3-ds-simply-microsdtf-slot1-solution-adapter-p-198.html

Another question, if I buy that card, I can play downloaded games from the net right and I don't need any other card?

I just want to make sure. Thank you again.

Aeries

4. Kiwiclx

Kiwiclx Member

aeries: Yes, that is the M3 DS (Simply) that MadDemon and mr_hanky are referring to. You do not need an additional Pass Card as it already has one built in. You can play downloaded NDS ROMs without having to patch them, unlike some other slot-1 and slot-2 devices; GBA roms will not run.

5. dragondog

dragondog Regular member

what is the cheapest m3ds and what site or store can i get it........i am also new at the whole nds thing

6. Kiwiclx

Kiwiclx Member

If you're looking to run only NDS ROMs and not GBA ROMs, a slot-1 device would be best. Most slot-1 devices play clean ROMs which means no hassle with patching each ROM to run with specific settings. These adapters also use removable/interchangeable microSD/TransFlash cards, allowing you to choose the card capacity you prefer.

With regards to the M3 group's devices, the M3 DS Simply is their slot-1 device and is considered a high compatibility solution with great value.

Check out the thread at http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/459989 for a list of online retailers, complements of mr_hanky.

7. DrZack

DrZack Member

Hello there. I am also looking for the same thing, but I was hoping for a cart that would allow both DS and GBA games. I don't mean to hijack, but I hope this is still part of the topic. :)

Which one is the best, honestly? hehe

8. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

m3 minisd perfect(doesn't stick out on ds phat) or m3 lite perfect(doesn't stick out on ds lite), if you don't care about them sticking out, get the m3 sd perfect since standard sd's now hold up to 4GB. get either one of those plus a passcard3(allows the afformentioned to play ds games).

9. DrZack

DrZack Member

So since I own the DSlite, I have to get the M3 Perfect Lite? That's not bad, since it's cheaper. However, I'd like to know if that's the case. Thank you. :)

10. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

you don't "have to", but it just looks better aesthetically/ergonomically(it don't stick out; that's why they named it lite). but if it's the cheapest, go for it. it uses microsd, not minisd, not normal sd. >microsd<. there have been some confusion since retailers aren't too specific at times. microsd's come in sizes up to 2GB. prices for the 1GB have an average range of 30$-60$. you can find them for cheaper if you look around. meritline has em for 13.50$ on a-data(reccommended/good brand) and ~16.00$ for kingston(ditto).

11. DrZack

DrZack Member

Okay, sounds good. Should I also buy that Passcard 3, or do I not really need it? I already have like 6 DS games. Thanks for your help!

12. woof811

woof811 Regular member

13. REAM

REAM Guest

the r4 gest the same updates as the m3simply, and gets them earlier becuase the m3ds is a oem of it. they both ALWAYS get the sam updates only the m3 gets them latter.

when the r4ds updates die, so will the m3

14. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

well, if you don't really feel the need to get more ds games in the immediate future, just get the m3 lite perfect to play your gba backups and let them hold you over. save up some money in the mean time. then, after a bit of saving, get a m3 ds simply or r4 - revolution for the ds [or supercard one, reccommended by that guy//^\\]. since [as far as i know for the simply and r4] these products work as passme's as well. which would allow you to use the m3 lite for its ds purposes, and on top of that, the slot-1 devices(simply, r4, one) would also be able to run ds backups/homebrew. which means perks such as double storage capabilities (they both use microsd as well) and the ability to run the backup of the ds web browser. ~ORRR.. you could just get them both now~ i have a m3 ds simply and a m3 lite perfect. 3GB altogether. 2GB goes to the lite(cuz it has to handle ds, gba, testing homebrew, and multimedia; the simply's not as compatible with homebrew). i'm loving this setup so far.

***i should be a sales rep for m3... i've "sold" about a handful of their products already. also, mr_hanky definitely needs a cut of m3's profit as well.***

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  15. REAM

REAM Guest

also, the EZV has now got a companion in the form of a 3-in-1 2nd slot.

this cart includes RAM for the browser, rumble for the rumble games and if you put your GBA roms into the EZV it can run them aswell.

16. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

In a way I do :p I sell the M3 Simply on eBay =)

I've been looking at this and really want one, I actually stumbled across it when looking for the Official Rumble Pak, so I thought I would wait and get this 3-1 device. (The GBA function will allow me to sell my M3CF too)

17. bigbacon

bigbacon Member

most of this seem pretty confusing. WHat would I need if I wanted to:
    Play DS Roms
    Play GBA Roms
    Play any other types of roms (possibly NES,SNES,GBC)

What are the best products for these things?

I don't mind needing more than one product to do this. Less the better but not a huge deal.

18. jetsetter

jetsetter Member

^ curious about this too. im interested in one that doesnt look like too much of an eyesore (sticks far out while im playing). im thinking the M3 Simply or the M3 Lite but im still a bit confused on them both. ifi get the M3 Lite, must i purchase an any additional parts such as 'Passme' card or whatever its called? all ireally wanna do is play NDS roms and perhaps NES or SNES. im not so much interested in being able to play my movie collection (short clips maybe) on my NDS as thats what i have a DVD player for so multimedia functionality isn't a huge priority. any suggestions? the more i research the more confused i get.

19. DrZack

DrZack Member

Yup, just get the M3Lite by itself, and you can play GBA, DS, and rom games. :)

20. DrZack

DrZack Member

Sorry for the double post, but there's no Edit feature.

You need to make sure you have a DSlite in order to use the M3lite, obviously. You can use this wiki for more info: http://m3wiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

EDIT: Crap, now I noticed there is in fact an edit function. lol, sorry.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007