1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which one to pick?

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by carls77, Mar 16, 2010.

1. carls77

carls77 Member

Thinking about buying a HDTV and narrowed my choice to Panasonic, LG and Samsung. Can someone help me decide? Also the room where I will keep it is rather cozy so which size will be best?

2. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

I would definitely go with either Samsung or Panasonic. LG, Sharp, and others always seem to be behind in picture quality. The quality/value of Sony has degraded in the past few years, but I think they are just starting to catch up again. The black levels in recent Panasonic also seem to be dropping, but they are working on a fix though.

Right now Samsung 2009/2010 lineup are excellent HDTV's right now.

By cozy, do you mean small? How big is your room and how far away from the TV will you be seated?

Personally, I wouldn't go any lower than a 40". I have a Samsung PN50B850, it's a 50" and it's in a big open space room, I'm sitting about 11ft away, and I find it almost too small, especially since almost everything is shot in stupid 2.4:1 widescreen (black bars), you lose almost 1/3 of your screen.

What's your price range, and what will you mostly do with it (movies, games, etc) ?

3. carls77

carls77 Member

My room is about 10 X 12 and I want the TV for ordinary TV viewing