1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which p2p to use

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by mwr_allen, Jul 9, 2006.

1. mwr_allen

mwr_allen Member

when i download programs such as messenger from msn.com i get download rates up to 800kb/sec but when i use p2p programs i have never seen these kind of speeds.
    are there any p2p prgrams or sites that use the windows download manager?????

2. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

i dont think so, p2p apps use networks or direct connections.

p2p is always faster than downloading from the internet sites

3. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

I dont think there are any that use the windows manager. The best p2p now is frostwire and u are better off using torrents.

4. gramsie

gramsie Regular member

is frostwire better than gomp3,com? I used to use limewire but am afraid to use them now? do you use frostwire just like limewire?

5. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

@gramsie

Frostwire is made by the same people as limewire. The thing was that limewire was being investigated and so they let it go and br technically closed down and the guys at the company built another p2p which is frostwire and its basically the same interface as limewire and is as easy to use and i use that and torrents mostly.

6. necroviz

necroviz Guest

The Best P2P Software is by far limewire you dont even have to share files and it has just about everything.

Torrent Clients are great too. Like Azureus, Bittorrent, Bitcomet

Here is a list of torrent sites

isohunt.com
    torrentreactor.to
    torrentspy.com Hope I Helped:)

7. Headborg

Headborg Regular member

I strongly disagree with that statement, the Program Search yields practically nothing but Spyware, and Virus, and Trojans, Worms, etc...it's a wonderful place to test out all your latest Anti-Spyware, anti-virus, trojan hunters, etc......the only strong point remaining with limewire is the Music Search. Still very strong there.

I use Nano-Torrent now, and would like to know more about the whole...EarthStation5 thing..but can't locate it? Is it really RAA, BSA behind it? Will it really erase my harddrive thru the "backdoor"?

I also have used Edonkey, Fasttrack, and other new boards, IRC's, etc.

8. necroviz

necroviz Guest

Yeah maybe i should have added that limewire etc is full of viruses.
    but if you are dumb enough to ckick on suspicious .exe files etc i feel no sympathy.

i definately agree though, torrents kick p2p ass. you know what you are downloading.

thanx for correcting me HeadBorg.

9. Headborg

Headborg Regular member

Well, I'm not a school teacher...I didn't mean to "correct" you. Just disagreeing with you.
    I wouldn't ever dream of clicking on or downloading a .exe I stick to .rar so I can scan them before opening them. Trouble is..99% of those on LimeWire are infected! and your only clue is the rate they download..with those phony filesizes..a 600mb file that downloads in under a minute is a dead giveaway..then you open the archive and just find a setup.exe file! yeah..right...scan and find W32!

BTW, you should always scan before opening any file reguardless of where you obtained it.

10. Headborg

Headborg Regular member

Well, I'm not a school teacher...I didn't mean to "correct" you. Just disagreeing with you.
    I wouldn't ever dream of clicking on or downloading a .exe I stick to .rar so I can scan them before opening them. Trouble is..99% of those on LimeWire are infected! and your only clue is the rate they download..with those phony filesizes..a 600mb file that downloads in under a minute is a dead giveaway..then you open the archive and just find a setup.exe file! yeah..right...scan and find W32!

BTW, you should always scan before opening any file reguardless of where you obtained it.