1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which PDA offer is better?

Discussion in 'PDA discussion' started by saabdrvr, Oct 9, 2007.

1. saabdrvr

saabdrvr Member

I'm being offered specials for PDA's, and I would like one that has the ability to load software (I will be working at a hospital, a drug reference guide would be tremendously helpful) and the ability to integrate MS Office (i.e. Outlook e-mail and MS Word) would be a plus, but not necessary.

I wanted to hear what all of your experienced advice could help me with my choices that would be the most functional and cost efficient.
    I'm trying to get the most out of this purchase without spending too much.

Samsung BlackJack - $99
    BlackBerry Pearl - $49
    BlackBerry Curve - $199
    BlackBerry 8700c - $199
    BlackBerry 8820 - $299
    Palm Treo 680 - $79
    Palm Treo 750 - $249
    Cingular 3125 - $49
    Cingular 8525 - $199
    AT&T 8525 - $199
    AT&T Tilt - $299

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  2. saabdrvr

saabdrvr Member

Could a moderator delete this reply? I was able to edit the first message, so this one isn't necessary.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  3. mperagine

mperagine Regular member

I have a Palm Tro 750 and am a small business owner and it works fantastic for me. It has office, is easy to use, and has worked great since I got it towards the end of July. I have synced both my Outlook and Hotmail to it, the camera takes great pics and videos, and overall has been the best phone/pda I've ever had. I do recvommend if you get one to get a bluetooth, I was not a fan of the handsfree device it come with.

4. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

I have a Palm Treo 750 and my wife has the Tilt. I like the Tilts larger screen (for entertainment purposes) but I almost prefer my Treo because of the keyboard being right at my finger tip for dialing calls.

Both of our phones run WM6.

AT&T has this new phone the Pantech Duo which is a cross between the Tilt and Black Jack. It runs WM6 but its not a touch screen. It is however a dual slider, so the keyboard slides out like the Tilt but then it can also slide out to the bottom for a numeric pad (to make phone calls).

I'd would have snatched that up if had a touch screen.

I'd break it down like this though based off of hardware/os

Windows Mobile PDA/Touchscreens (Treo, Tilt, ect..)

Windows Smartphones (BJ, BJ2, Q, ect...)

---------------------------

then there is everything else.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007