1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Program Lets You Keep the Menu/ Change it?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by babayaga, Dec 2, 2004.

1. babayaga

babayaga Member

I've seen some back-ups out there that get rid of the special features on a disc, and the "special features" option becomes non-selectable on the menu (you actually can't even select the underline, circle, or arrow to go to that option, it's as if it was missing). I'd like to know which program is used to achieve those results because I've tried using other programs and didn't get the results I wanted.

I tried CloneDVD, but that preserves the entire menus, including FBI Warnings, and Special Features Pages, and simply makes missing parts non-accessable by the dvd player not doing anything when you click enter to select the "bloopers" or "deleted scenes" features.

Nero's Recode achieves better results, you may disable pages that you don't want, like the special features page by putting in a black screen when you access it, or a custom picture. But this was not a good result because it means that I still had to wait through the black screens that I put in instead of the FBI Warnings and pre-menu trailers.

Is there any way to delete unwanted parts of the menu, and make them go away perminently, not present in the form of blank screens or slideshows? I've seen copied dvds that skip all of the warnings and trailers and go straight to the menu and even make absent features, such as special features, completely un-selectable (as in, you can't even select it with your cursor)

Please help :)

thanks

Last edited: Dec 2, 2004
  2. babayaga

babayaga Member

Someone please help...

3. pippas

pippas Member

i'm not sure if this exactly what you mean, but this:
    http://shh.sysh.de/

will let you effectively blank the unwanted title sets, while leaving the menu structure OK

It doesn't delete them, just makes them so small (about 10KB, I think) that you don't see them.

Can be a bit of a pain finding the right VOBs to 'treat', but it is free, so worth a try!!

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

DVD Stripper is a freeware app for what you're wanting to do and DVD Rebuilder is an even better app and a real bargain for the price :)

You need to be careful when deleting menu items though since you can really screw up the function of the DVD when doing so. It's advisable to check the menu functions in a software player before burning :)