1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which program should I use?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by PhredHead, Jan 15, 2005.

1. PhredHead

PhredHead Guest

I've got a question regarding which DVD copying software to use. I've tried 123CopyDVD, it works ok. I downloaded 1Click DVD Copy trial and seems to work ok. I just download (not installed yet) DVDShrink. I'm looking for feedback from those with more experience copying DVDs what is a good program, and one that isn't overwheling to use. Thanks.

2. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

I highly suggest dvddecrypter for your ripping software. its free and can bypass the newest copy protection. I then use dvd2one (not free) for my reauthoring of the dvd files (compressing to max. of 4.37g. However dvdsqueeze is the next best (in my opinion) and is free. I then burn using dvdtoone (not free) but you can use many other popular programs such as nero, etc....

Last edited: Jan 15, 2005
  3. brobear

brobear Guest

If what you're looking for is free, then DVD Shrink by all means. Free and a decent app. Virtual how to guides for Shrink and Decrypter ant http://www.dvdshrink.info Shrink will rip and encode most movies and it works with the new dual layer media. For the movies it can't break the encryption on, DVD Decrypter will handle those; also free. For using DVD Shrink without worrying about whether it's going to work or not, running AnyDVD in the background solves the problem. http://www.slysoft.com For the best retail program that's easy to use, InterVideo has has DVDCopy3. http://www.intervideo.com Decrypter and AnyDVD can be used for the DVDCopy3 as well as most recording programs. I leave AnyDVD running all the time, even when I use DVD Decrypter. As mentioned, Nero is a good recording suite with burner and it also has a decent recording program, Recode2. Try the trials and see how you like them.

My "go to" recording apps are DVDCopy3 and for the big movies I go to RB/CCE when the compression gets high. AnyDVD and DVD Decrypter do the ripping. Since RB/CCE only encodes, I use Nero or CopyToDVD to burn.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2005
  4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Hmmm....All I can say is brobear has given you excellent advice. I totally concur. (This is in no special order)

For free-Shrink 3.2 and Dvd Decrypter

Nero Ultra 6- a must for all DVD and CD junkies, a complete assortment of audio and video programs, not to mention apps like DVD & CD cover design, PC backup, Toolkit, etc.

Intervideo DvdCopy 3- fast, great quality, easy to use, definitely one of the best IMHO. (it will not rip, but you can use AnyDvd as brobear suggested or Decrypter, which is free.)

RB/CCE-the best compression combo period. Will compress 50% and the original looks no better than the copy. Will not rip or burn or edit(except foreign audio), just does compression.

5. brobear

brobear Guest

Always appreciate a vote of confidence from our resident software junky. lol Good list BigO.

6. PhredHead

PhredHead Guest

Thanks for the feedback Zombie, Bro and Big. I'll give Shrink and Decrypter a go. I'll like being able to adjust settings and 123CopyDVD was a little lacking on customability.

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

8. brobear

brobear Guest

Good link BigO, those quick guides are helpful.

9. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Why, thank you brobear, heh heh..

10. brobear

brobear Guest

You're welcome illustrious one.

11. PhredHead

PhredHead Guest

Thanks for the help. I printed all the users guides. Very helpfu.

12. PhredHead

PhredHead Guest

Thanks for the help. I printed all the users guides. Very helpful.

13. biggiebig

biggiebig Guest

i've been using dvdsqueeze, can't complain.

14. camstuf

camstuf Guest

15. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

@biggiebig,

I notice that is all you post.

16. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

PhredHead noone metioned DVD X COPY it works well to for starting out. But
    DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter is a must also.

17. PhredHead

PhredHead Guest

Thanks for the feedback. I'll give the DVD Decrypter and DVDShrink pairing a go.