1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which program to make pictures disc for cdr!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Rotary, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

i am trying to get a program that will make a cdr of all my jpegs(pictures) so i can play them on a dvd standalone drive!

now, can they play from one to the next without me having to click on anything?

or if i just put the images on cdr can i just pop that in and click to view?

i am trying to get sort of a SLIDE SHOW! which goes through on its own (autoruns) some sort of picture disc thing...

this is all new to me so any advice will help me out!

Thankyou...

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm u recall this being brought up before but no concrete solution was ever reached. Might I suggest a (S)VCD? If so you have two major options:
    1. Make each picture its own track (although then you would be limited to something like 99 pictures). Each image would have to be converted to MPG of course.
    2. Combine all the pictures together as an MPG and have it all on one track. A really easy way to do this is to pass all the images through a simple GIF Animator type program, output it as an AVI and then encoding it to (S)VCD-MPEG and burning it that way.

Let me know if this works.

3. mindstorm

mindstorm Member

Hey man this is very easy... all you need is to download a copy of videostudio7 off kazaa

you can compile all the pictures into on big movie and add a good looking menu so you can jump to different scenes and stuff.

It supports VCD,SVCD,DVD. its one of the most sweet programs i've every come accross._X_X_X_X_X_[small]The Next Step on the path of technology advancement[/small]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2003
  4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

all sorted! i just dumped all jpegs on to cdr and the no name safeways £49 dvd player by compaq plays them in a sequence by itself!

Thx...

5. Praetor

Do they play automatically or do you have to specify when to proceed to the next image? Does it matter if the jpegs are of differing resolutions?

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i think there resolution doesnt matter! and it opens a folder like screen and you click first one and they run through on auto then! you can turn them upside down or sideways kool!

Thx

7. Praetor

Sweet

8. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

only tried jpegs!

thxz...

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi