1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which SD memory card is good? How to choose?

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by rjessa, Feb 1, 2006.

1. rjessa

rjessa Regular member

I just purchased a Canon A520 dig camera. Need some experienced feedback on how to chose SD mem card for it. I am looking to buy 2 512MB cards, but which ones should I buy?

2. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

don't buy 2

just purchase a 1 gig i am a student at green river right now taking digital photography and from what i have learned it is better to just get a 1 gig then buying 2 512's then you have the ability to take tiff photos which are non compressed photos they are about 15 megs a photo and the clearity is awesome while jpeg compresses the photo and cause some pixel loss so if your camera says it is 7 mega pixel it is only 6.5 due to jpeg compression

and then your camera will record long hours of video as well about 255 minutes one 1 1 gig card

3. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

and brand really doesn't matter just don't purchase a made in china brand that nobody has ever heard of

4. rjessa

rjessa Regular member

Thanks, much appreciated. IS there a speed issue with these cards that i have to take into account or is it overrated feature?