1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Software for Starview

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by ponton, Jun 22, 2008.

1. ponton

ponton Member

I am trying to reflash a box for a mate. It is one of the last of the Starview 1 models. It appears to be a clone judging by the descriptions on this forum (18 vents and Scart on left side) but I understand it was operating happily for about 8 months until recently on API ver:4.00eE.
    I would like some advice as to the software I should now use. Should I start by flashing with Cryptstar-ver:1.4-core 257. If this works should it autoroll. If not,and given the fact that ver:4.00eE had previously worked ok should it be safe to install the Cryptstar-ver 1.4 Genuine Only. This box must have been chipped or Jtagged before being originally shipped

2. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

Flash it with the Crypstar v-2.57. This is clone safe & will autoroll. It will also work on a genuine b0x.

3. ponton

ponton Member

Thanks Noelyf for that information. I have now flashed with
    CryptStar-v 1.4 - core 257 as you suggested and everything seems fine so far. However when I go into System Information it tells me I have
    API ver: 2.57eE Boot ver.7 of 16 Aug 2006 installed. Is this correct?. There is no mention of CryptStar-ver:1.4-Core257. Any suggestions.

4. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

Hows it going ponton, dont worry about the Api ver.
    The Crypstar wont show up on the system info.

5. ponton

ponton Member

Thanks again Noelyf. I can only wait and see if that one behaves properly.

6. noelyf

noelyf Regular member

Yeah, it will work for you no problem :)