1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which software is best for slideshows??

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by paddyjnr, Dec 16, 2008.

1. paddyjnr

paddyjnr Member

I am using Nero at the moment and to be quite honest I am very unhappy with it, the picture quality is terrible, pixelly and blurred, I need to get proper software in a hurry as I have a lot of slide shows to do. I really need my images to come out on my slide show the same as the original ones. I would also like to be able to add music and transitions.. Thanks

2. susieqbbb

susieqbbb Guest

Impossible.

You need to understand something about slideshow dvd's in order to fit on a dvd or a vcd it has to downgrade the quality of the video in order for the video to fit on the disk the best quality i have seen come out of a slide show is with a macintosh.

Most windows machines just downgrade the quality to much and it gets blocky and choppy and you cannot see anything.

closest i have see to your problem is you need to find a piece of software that lets you control the size and bit rate of your video to improve quality but if you do this be four warned. your size will grow to a 8 gig dvd disk on just the menu.

3. paddyjnr

paddyjnr Member

Ok I see so there's no way of using the remainder of the disc for improved quality! Thanks

4. Peshtigo

Peshtigo Regular member

Use Photo Story 3 to create, edit, add music, transitions, zoom, pan and scan, and just about anything else you need to make a great photo slldeshow. Free.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/photostory/default.mspx

The picture quality is crystal clear and you can add voice narration as well as your own mp3 music (or both) or use the music that is included in the program.
    In order to burn your finished project to a DVD that will play on a standalone DVD player (any) you will have to purchase Sonic DVD for Photo Story 3 ($20.00) from here:

http://www.estore.sonic.com/enu/photostory/default.asp

The size of the finished Photo Story file is less than 300 mb for hundreds of photos (at 1024 x 768 res.) including transitions and music. I have used every slideshow to DVD app out there including Ulead and the other big names and Photo Story 3 blows them out of the water for quality output and is downright easy to use. There are also websites providing tips and help to make your slideshows look even more professional.

Start here:
    http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/PapaJohn/25/Photo_Story_3.aspx

As always be sure to use good media. I use Verbatim discs.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  5. susieqbbb

susieqbbb Guest

See i told you.

There may be another piece of software.

6. Billmcma

Billmcma Member

Use Pro Show Gold by Photodex, it is a great piece of software, easy to learn and use. You will not be disappointed.

7. varnull

varnull Guest

I actually like the one that comes with nero (amazing) it's n00b friendly and the results seem fine.