1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which style dbox2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by focous, Jan 3, 2007.

1. focous

focous Member

for a few months now we have had a starview in the bedroom now i feel brave enough to step up to a better box.So i have done a lot of reading and and narrowed it down to a dbox2.What i would like to no is a nokia or sagem?I have read sagem are better, better chip sets(what ever that means) but the nokias look better.I only want to set recordings to my dvd recorder not pc so what would be my best Option? thanks

2. benifa

benifa Regular member

If you can stretch the extra pounds for a Nokia, you have the option to add an IDE hard drive..

3. benifa

benifa Regular member

4. focous

focous Member

Thanks mate that is a very good idea but it is not something i would have the Confidence to try so would a nokia be the best bet?

5. benifa

benifa Regular member

I use a Nokia with Avia600 chipset, it works fine for me..
    Others may prefer Sagems (all Sagems are Avia600)..
    I'm afraid I don't know what difference may be experienced with an older Avia500 Nokia..
    Sagem boxes are slightly smaller, which may be handy if you've limited space. The Nokia is slightly on the bulky side..