1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Transcoding Tools Produce The Best Picture Quality.

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Sophocles, Jun 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brobear

brobear Guest

Sophocles,
    I am in whole hearted agreement. I would love to see the DVD Shrink come to the fore front. It is little things like competition that fuels R&D. What could be more fuel than a competent free competitor?

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

We new what you meant brobear.

3. brobear

brobear Guest

-sawright-
    [bold] but [/bold] was the operative word for my response. Didn't doubt your catching the drift.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2004
  4. brobear

brobear Guest

Sophocles,
    Did you notice the author of Shrink addressed a bunch of the questions we were dealing with over the past weeks? Most notably damage to video files and the issues of multi angle support.

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Yes I did, and I think that he was surprised that there was an ongoing open discussion about it.Whether it caused a difference I don't know but anything is possible.

6. S-Y-K-E-S

S-Y-K-E-S Guest

Seem's to me like bigorange has bin picked on his whole life, don't cry it's ok.
    I did'nt come in here to pick on no one or infact anyones methods, I can't really put up any video quality pics for the matter that I'm to busy with a little 40 gig hd to even waste my time & effort on a forum full of such rude indaviduals (u know who u r)
    As for my hardware being slow thats not the case at all (WELL IT AINT TOP OF THE LINE BUT IT'LL EAT ALIVE A P4)
    (AMD Athlon XP 2200+ 512MB RAM 7200 RPM HD & 32 MB GEFORCE 3)

If it's of any help "I'm sorry verbal" But Bigpink needs to stay in his place. telling me & I quote
    I must be pretty lucky, cuz I don't have to goto jail over you, lets leave it at that.
    You have no idea who your shit talkin yet you keep doing it, use your brain man, it was only chat !!

Anyhow enough of that BS I shared my personal experiences with you on TRANSCODERS !! not encoders get over it & if u all don't believe me about dvd shrink 3.1.7 then transcode "Armageddon" with both nero2(2pass) & dvd shrink & u will see where nero fails, its such a blockY,wavy & blurry picture,
    Then come talk like your the man, I'm 60 dvd's plus in experience, But that don't mean that I wont try another method, anyone know of a wicked trasncoder or even an encoder (besides DVD Rebuilder) ??

7. brobear

brobear Guest

Edited in case someone might make sense.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2004
  8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

S-Y-K-E-S

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

When you made your first post you began by insulting everyone who contributed to this thread. You used lanaguage that was both unkind and thoughtless. You also implyed that you were superior to everyone by calling some of the people followers and and then by declaring that we have to "take it from a pro."

What did you expect that members were going to do, coronate you while throwing flower petals in front of you of as you made your way to the throne? This no longer about choices of transcoders its about your disrespectful and thoughtless conduct. You keep making it sound like it was all the fault everyone else, as though you're the poor little victim and that you played no part in this mess which is absurd.

The statement below is by far the worse statment made by anyone during the entire exchange and I can only say that you're lucky I'm not a moderator.

[bold]"I dunno why some feel like your gettin raped in the arse or somethin, jus tell daddy to leave you alone at night or at least tell mom that daddy rapes you, don't take it out on me"[/bold]

Who knows what darkeness lurks in the recesses of your mind that made it possible for you to pull this perversity out of it, but it must be of concern to someone.

Now if you want to continue this mess just keep returning and stirring up discontent but trust me it will eventually catch up to you.

_
    _
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2004
  9. siber

siber Regular member

In other words, S-Y-K-E-S, tone it down. An apology is not absolutely necessary but it would make things a lot easier.

When you come into a place where other people have spent some time already and know each other fairly well, the best thing NOT do do is the start throwing your weight around right from the start. If you are a 'Pro' and you have a lot of knowledge that could be very helpful to others, it is better to let those others recognize that all by themselves. Shouting never works.

10. S-Y-K-E-S

S-Y-K-E-S Guest

@ Sophocles ... Funny thing is that u actually believe the bs thats commin outta your mouth,
    Why dont u post the rest of that page instead of jus 1 quote? let it be known how u lost control
    LOL,
    I never said i was a victim, furthest thing from it but go ahead play the "I'm mad at sykes game"
    I used to play it when i was 10 too
    like the bear said let the moderators do their job & stop complaining about it

PS on your comment
    So let me get this straight its bad enough that u insult me but now i'm supposed to stop returning because u don'tlike me?
    what planet r u on?

11. siber

siber Regular member

S-Y-K-E-S,

That quote cannot - under ANY circumstance - be considered acceptable. Taken out of context or not, it will only put you at risk for getting banned from the forum. I suspect one more like that will do it. Make sure you do check the rules of the forum.

12. S-Y-K-E-S

S-Y-K-E-S Guest

Siber i'm new here give me a chance, My 1st intentions where to help on the forum so i signed up but at this point ppl here (not saying any names cuz they know who they are) can't stand to be wrong so they tryed to insult me & when that was too lame & it didnt work the next best thing is for them to complain against me like i said b4 about 4 or 5 ppl at KVCD.ORG told me this would happen at afterdawn but what can u do, I know i'm right so end of topic
    I wonder how many other honest ta heart newbies left because of rude senior members, let it be known to the mods

13. siber

siber Regular member

S-Y-K-E-S,

I think I AM giving you a chance...More than one, really.

I appreciate the thoughts in your last post. Regardless of the fact that you may or may not be right about some issue, it is always best to keep your cool, make your point with facts and evidence at hand and let the point stand for all to see.

I went through this when I joined and so did most of us.

I still think you should make peace by admitting that your choice of words, earlier on, was - and I'm being nice - 'poorly chosen'.

14. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Me thinks this thread has become just a tad too personal .. time for everyone to take a breather.

15. Praetor

On second thought...
    [​IMG]

16. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I think Praetor just gave us our thread back. This was a great thread after all. Thanks Praetor

17. brobear

brobear Guest

Hope we can keep it going without flame throwing for a while. Finally got around to DVDremake. As a single tool, the jury is still out.

18. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I think that the thread should belong to new people with perhaps a little guidance from us. Well I'm going to do a CCE encode so its off to bed.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2004
  19. bigorange

bigorange Active member

thanx, Praetor, it(the thread) deserved a better fate.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2004
  20. Praetor

LOL yeah I was just really busy and didnt feel like reading through the various posts to sort out who was at fault etc .... so i put it on "pause" -- one of the perks of being a Mod :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.