1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which version of nero to buy??

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by skyfox49, Nov 21, 2007.

1. skyfox49

skyfox49 Member

I was looking for a nero version that has the full version, nero vision and the scan disk.

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Nero 8 is now available, you will continue to get free updates as they are released whereas if you purchase Version 7 then NO free updates to Nero 8 is available...you're stuck with it.

3. opacons

opacons Member

Gwendolin,

I bought Nero 7 in late September at which time purchasers of v7 would be entitled to a free upgrade to v8 when it was released. Since then I have heard nothing and my emails have been ignored.

Do you know if this "policy" is real or bullshit? Do you have a phone number I can contact Nero's sales department on?

TIA

Ron Polak

4. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I cant help you with that one, binkie7 would be the person to ask, Cheers.

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@opacons
    I'm not sure on this one either. I know they had a promo pre order Nero 8 and get Nero 7 free. Not sure on the buy Nero 7 and get a free upgrade to Nero 8. Haven't seen that but doesn't mean it wasn't offered.
    If you have proof I would forward it to their sales department. Most of this is handled in Germany.

6. opacons

opacons Member

At the bottom of my order confirmation on 25 September it says - "Nero 8 discount coupons will be emailed to all customers who order Nero 7 Premium Reloaded during this campaign. Discount coupons will be emailed to customers during the first week of October 2007."

They have not responded to at least half a dozen emails over the past six weeks. I'd like to ring them but of course they provide no means of contacting them other than by email (which they don't respond to). Do you have a phone number for their sales/customer (no) service departments?

TIA

7. binkie7

This is from their website - I hit the US site so if you are elsewhere I'm not sure if their would be a different # - well at least the country code would need to be added.

Customer Service (Serving the U.S., Canada, and Mexico)

E-mail:
    US-CustomerService@nero.com

Phone:
    (818) 956-7551
    (Available Monday through Friday, from 9:00am until 8:00pm EST)
    Please note: this is a toll call to the Los Angeles, California area. You will be responsible for any local or long distance phone charges that incur. This is not a technical support number and our customer service agents are unable to assist you with any technical support questions.

Mail:
    Nero Inc.
    330 N. Brand Blvd., Suite 800
    Glendale, CA 91203-2335
    USA

Fax: (818) 956 7094 (US office)

8. opacons

opacons Member

Thanks for that. I'll give it a try.

I suspect they'll refer me to the german office because the transaction was actually processed their.

I'd still like to get the number for head office in the fatherland because they're the ones screwing up here and I'd really like to tell them what I think of them.

Thanks again for your help.

9. binkie7

Not a problem opacons
    If you googled you could probably turn up the # for Germany I would think.
    I want to say they included it on their customer support follow up emails (not the automated ones) but I could be wrong.