1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which would be best with my Tivo DVDR04 or DVDRHD04

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by richb1492, Dec 15, 2004.

1. richb1492

richb1492 Member

I really would like to get one of these for christmas What I would like to do is be able burn dvd's of stuff I have saved on my tivo. and record a few shows.

This is my current setup
    Direct tv
    tivo
    basic cable
    Walmart has both of them in stock so all i ned to do is just pick one.

Please help...

2. adambrann

adambrann Member

Can you edit the programs recorded on the Tivo?? If so, the DVDR04 would probably work for you. If not, then the DVDHD04 would be a better bet, since you can record to the HDD and do some editing before copying to a DVD.

If you have a computer to edit the recordings on, you could stick with the 04, record to a DVD+RW and transfer it to the computer for editing before burning a DVD+R. This is assuming you have a DVD burner in the computer.

I have set up a page with the different DVDR04/HD04 firmware files for download. The link is next to my signature at the bottom of this post. It has hacked firmware for the non HDD model to disable Macrovision and add the LP 3-hour mode. It also has instruction for doing the update using Nero to make the update disc. I have also added the 'region-free' instructions to the site.

ILO DVDR04/HD04 Firmware Download Page
    http://www.ss3f.com/ilo/