1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which xbox mod chip should i buy...

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by ttureya, Apr 30, 2003.

1. ttureya

ttureya Member

I like playing games with xbox but i also watch movies a lot and im trying to buy a mod chip that will be able to let me watch cd-R burned movies. any advice please?

2. ridah100

ridah100 Member

being able to read cd-r depends on which drive you xbox has, and nothing to do with the modchip. If you wish to play divx, xvid, vcd, svcd, or whatever, you can get a media player to play those movies on the xbox.

3. ttureya

ttureya Member

Thx for the tip but what do you mean by type of hard drive and how do i get media player? sorry im a noob.

4. kapnkruch

kapnkruch Guest

I think what he means by drive is your dvd drive. The Xbox will not play CD-R's only CD-RW, DVD-R, and DVD-RW. You have to hook up a PC DVD-ROM to the box and bypass your xbox drive. As far as the media player goes he is talking about the xbox media player that you put on your hard drive. Much can be learned at this web site... www.xbox-scene.com/tutorials.php I SWEAR BY IT!

5. .NRG

.NRG Regular member

I found that since I wasnt too confortable on soldering, I got the matrix and it works well for me. No problems at all.

6. ttureya

ttureya Member

i thx all you people for repling me. But im really a noob. i Have no idea how to connec cords to xbox and pc. if anyone can give me step-by-step guide it willl be real thankful or mabe a url. Thx

7. .NRG

.NRG Regular member