1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which xbox softmod is best

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by steo2k8, Dec 12, 2009.

1. steo2k8

steo2k8 Active member

I've been on here a while I flash and repair 360's, anyway I softmodded an original xbox by doing the hotswap method and used some ready made softmod which ended up being evox, but some people say thats not very good and ftp is slow and it's dual booted so if I open the tray on boot I get installer deluxe 4. Which softmod do you think is better to use or is a bios mod better with linux?

2. John_Donn

John_Donn Regular member

i personally use xbmc as my default and it works flawlessly

3. scum101

scum101 Guest

xbmc breaks and doesn't have the game region features built in to evox.. therefore as a gaming dash it's pretty crap. I won't use it as a main dash on a softmod for that precise reason.. I don't trust it.. it's unstable and prone to just break for no obvious reason. Run it as an app.. no worries then if it breaks (and it does.. with horrible regularity)

Bios flash.. needs certain versions of box and a very specific procedures depending on which you choose.. getting it wrong can be terminal immediately. I did a few but never felt 100% secure with them. Depending on which bios you flash with you may need to edit either the bios itself or the names and locations of the dash files.. It does have the advantage that a M8 bios overrides the hdd lock.. but that's a minimal benefit if you don't get it right first time.

As for softmods.. there is ndure (pal and ntsc.. different versions) both booted as splinter cell saves.. a dodgy old 007 exploit or mechassault.. but why bother.. you have evox working and that's splendid. Easy to configure and stable as a rock... It's THE xbox dash for people who want a stable and reliable machine.. All it does is act as a configuration setup and application launcher.. and that's all you need. If you want pretty and fancy apps install them as such and use them as such. Take it from me.. I'm a professional. Evox is the baby.. the others are eye candy and lacking vital features you need in a dash... like game region settings..
    As for that BS about FTP being slow.. where the hell did you hear that? .. it's the same speed regardless of which dash you use.

4. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

steo2k8 you can download the aid disc ( www.aidtracker.com ) and test out other modded dashes by installing them as an app. I always give customers a option on what they want but i use avalaunch for my main dash. It's pretty stable (unless you leave it on for days at a time) and i've never had a problem with it. Though i've had problems with xbmc, unleashx and even evox.

And for your question "which xbox softmod is the best?"

Mine are :D