1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

While installing Windows the machine reboots

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by tbowling, Jan 12, 2007.

1. tbowling

tbowling Member

First the specs:

MSI mobo KT880
    AMD XP 2600+
    Elixir DDR 400 512 mb mem
    Geforce 6600GT

I have been trying to intall Windows XP. I will be at the initial blue screen, it will get to the point where it's saying setting up windows, and it will recycle the whole machine, and start the process over again. ANY IDEAS?!?!?! Please help this is driving me nuts

2. rcrockett

rcrockett Regular member

Is the drive wiped out or are you trying to install over another operating system?

3. Razor89

Razor89 Guest

How many times does it start over? I know that ME installation takes several reboots to finish installing...Not sure about newer OS.

razor

4. tbowling

tbowling Member

/I don't even get to the part of wiping the hd out. It gets to the initial blue screen of installation, and it is loading all the drivers, and then it will say windows installation is starting, and then it will reboot. over, and over, and over, at that part.

5. zerubaba

zerubaba Member

usually its the hard drive that has turned to crap and doesnt want to coperate. i had the problem. although when i had the problem windows would do that during install, ended up it would only let linux work on the hd, go figure. windows is picky about the hardware