1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White Hat Hacker

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by shivera, Sep 14, 2003.

1. shivera

shivera Guest

Hello,

My name is shivera. To pronounce it you must know that the shive in it is like the shive in shiver. There are two ways you can pronounce it. One is shive+ra. The other is shive+er+ra. I prefer it the first way. I have been messin' around with computer since I was nine. I'm thirteen now. I wan't to grow and be a white hat hacker. I'm not talkin about those nasty black hat crackers who hack into people and biznusses and crash them or something. A white hat hacker is a good hacker that wants to explore thier own computer or hack thier own computer. I just want to explore. Please someone tell me where I can learn how to be a white hat hacker. www.hackthissite.org is a good place, but you haft to already know how to hack. I doesn't teach you how just a bunch of tests like you are already supposed to know. I wanna know the basics first. Then some tests. Plus the tests their are for black hat crackers not whit hat hackers. So someone please tell me where I can learn the basics of white hat hacking.

Thank You,
    Shivera

P.S. Fight the RIAA. Peer gurdian prevents them form getting you plus it a free download!

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hi, my name is Oriphus. I like it to be pronounced Or-if-us, but anyway you like would do since i do not actually hear the way you say it, so in fact, stating my preference for phonetics is practically useless, unless you want to meet me sometime.

White hat hacker - lol - of course you just want to be good, dont we all :D. Join the governemnt as a spy or something when you are older

3. shivera

shivera Guest

I need to know how to be a white hat hacker so I can make my own OS.(operating system like windows) I need to hack some firewalls to see what makes them firewalls. I also need to do the same with some antiviruses. My OS willl have both plus some extra built in that windows doesn't so someone please tell me how to learn to be a white hat hacker.

Also there is alota hype about burning ps2 games with a cd burner. If anyone knows how to do it please let me know.

I REALLY REALLY WANNA LEARN TO BE A WHITE HAT HACKER! PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME!!!! SOMEONE MUST KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks,
    shivera

4. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Oh I get it, you don`t want to Hack, you want to learn how to write. If your in Canada or USA, go to Chapters, Indigo, or big book stores and read through books like xxxx exposed. There are lots of books on Unix, Linux that tell how to write good operatoring systems (the ones that work unlike Windows) and thousands of books on how to write, fix and work on Firewalls ete. So go to you local library (if your in Canada or US, you can read books in Chapters) and see how it works. That is the best way. Or you could get a Computer Science degree and be unemployed (like my brother) but that just teaches you to read anyways.

5. shivera

shivera Guest

No, I still wan't to learn how to be a white hat hacker. Someone tell me where I can learn from easy to advanced.

Shivera

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

What it comes down to is that you want to be a hacker. White hat or not, its the same principle. I dont think people will be overly impressed with you hacking their firewalls or microsofts windows. Why not wait till your older, join norton and you can do plenty of hack tests!!!

7. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Shivera, I have a problem with your definitions. A Hacker is someone who alters some thing so it works. A Cracker is someone who illegally breaks something open and modifies it to do what they want. Thus someone who installs Linux on there computer is a hacker, they modify the sourse code so it works on there specific computer. You want to be a cracker, someone who breaks it open. White hat what ever don't exist. There are hackers and crackers. And thats my two cents.
    So if you want to be a haker and make things work, then read some books. That's your best source.

8. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Lunch server problem. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2003
  9. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

10. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

11. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

you know what the problem here is? If you cant even go to google or whatever and find the stuff yourself, what kind of hacker do you think you'll make? 80% of hacking is simply the desire to explore and learn what makes things tick. it's only 20% knowledge. Instead of begging other people to tell you where to go, maybe finding it yourself would help you on your quest. if someone hold's your hand, you'll never learn a thing.

12. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

True.... and Prisoner is right.... too many people (especially the ignorant media) mix up the terms hacker and cracker... grrrrrr

Look around dude! Experiment! That's what your highschool computer labs are all for hehe