1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

white horizontal band covers the middle portion of the captured video

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by bill316, May 24, 2004.

1. bill316

bill316 Guest

I have tried the suggested fixes without any luck. Does anyone have any other suggestions? My system is a AMD Athlon 64 3000+ processor with an NVIDIA GeForce 5600 video card with 256meg of DDR memory on the card and 1 Gig of DDR 400 system memory with 400 gig of disk space. I am capturing from a Sony CCD-TRV108 NTSC Hi8 Camcorder. I'm capturing with the cable connected from the Sony camera port on the camera directly to the NVIDIA card on the computer.. I'm using NVIDIA’s latest WDM driver. The white horizontal band seems to cover exactly the middle portion of the captured video. However, the preview window always shows the recording correctly. It's only the captured clip that has the problem. The white band only appears sporadically and sometimes doesn't appear at all. I have the same problem with all capture programs that I've tried: Ulead DVD Movie Factory, Nero, Windows Movie Maker, Amcap etc.
    Does anyone have any suggestions or insight into this problem?
    Thanks in advance for any info.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

I"m sorry but I do not have a Solution but I have heard of this problem before with Nvidia Video Cards with Video Capture....Maybe it would be best if you got a Simple PCI TV Card instead of Useing your Nvidia to capture cuz I do not know if there is a Solution to this problem...
    You might also want to check up with the Nvidia web site because this seems to be a Very common problem with these cards and there may be a Solution posted at the web site...
    Good Luck