1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White line across bottom of screen

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by Bazcomer, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Bazcomer

Bazcomer Newbie

Hi folks,

I'm just wondering has anyone come across a problem with a solid white line across the bottom of their screen in an iptv app that I'm using? It's an android tv box M9 plus 2gb ram 16gb. Everything on the box works fine and I also have another box (minix x8-h) and running the same iptv app and have no problems with a white line!

I'm wondering what could be the issue? Please see pic attached.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks very much.

Attached Files:

2. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Bazcomer likes this.
  3. Bazcomer

Bazcomer Newbie

Cheer for the reply Paulie57,
    It's not actually in kodi and I've tried all the screen changes on the box and my tv. I think the problem is the IPTV app that I'm using is t compatible with my box, the rest of the box is perfect I only get that line in that certain app!

4. piopat

piopat Active member

if the app its self works fine on both boxes , i mean that you can open it and play content from it on both boxes with no problems (other than the white bar you see ) then it is compatable with the m9 in my opinion .

it seems from what you say that the white bar is the only difference . its very hard to see from the pictures you provided but does the white bar have anything on it ? such as little icons ? . if it was to do with the picture size i would think that you would either have a black bar at the top and the bottom of screen or on both sides . ive never seen a white bar when the tv screen was the wrong size , only black bars .

so is there something else going on with the m9 ? , would the white bar be some sort of status bar ? . as i say i cant see if there are any icons on it , if you for example were using a wifi keypad a status bar might appear onscreen .

i dont know if this is the issue put it wont cost anything to check , so have a look at the following video and see if changing the setting mentioned in it helps .

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWJXq7pSSYE