1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who can retrieve photos from crashed hard drive, please?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by grandturk, Sep 25, 2007.

1. grandturk

grandturk Member

I run a B&B in the British West Indies - very primitive Island- no computer stores :( My hard drive crashed (yes I know now - Back up!) and I would like to retrieve my photos. Does anyone have info on who I could send the hard drive to in the United States? I really appreciate any help you can pass along.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what does the drive do or not do? is it seen by the bios & if so then by windows?

3. grandturk

grandturk Member

We started getting pop ups saying "your software is counterfeit" then we would have to do "system restore" twice a day and finally computer would not go on .

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

does it show stuff on the screen & if so can you access the bios to see if it sees the drive?

5. grandturk

grandturk Member

I really appreciate your replies. I am a B&B person not a computer whiz. I will have to ask the person here who took out our hard drive. This is such a primative island - no shops to speak of. We have to rely on the coconut telegraph as to who to call for a computer problem :) I will get back to you tomorrow.

6. grandturk

grandturk Member

The guy who looked at my computer and removed the hard drive is currently off the Island - I hope he will be back in a few days and I will check with him exactly what was going on with the hard drive
    Many thanks

7. jony218

jony218 Guest

What I would try is install your hard drive into another computer as a slave drive. If windows crashed, all your files should still be in there. And you should be able to just use windows explorer to copy over your files.
    If the hard drive is unreadable but does work. You can try using data recovery software, to recover your data.