1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who do i contact if i have found Subliminal Messages in a song

Discussion in 'Audio' started by sasha1303, Sep 29, 2005.

1. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

im not goin to say what song it is , but who should i contact to tell this information to? i live in australia . in a rock song i hav foudn offensive subliminal messages that say the message "Dump that sad whore , im sick of hearing that whore"

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2005
  2. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

listen to NWA - 'a bitch iz a bitch'... its worse. reporting it wont make any difference. people have tried & failed. Remember the Eminem Protesters.....

Lethal

3. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

no , u hav to play the song backwards to hear these messages , u cant actualy here them in the song..

4. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

wow. hey do you reckon you could send me a PM referring to the title of the song, i've never known anything like this. (you don't have to, though).

Lethal_b

5. GlueEater

GlueEater Regular member

You don't HAVE to play em backwards, that's jsut teh Simpsons. It could jsut be in a low frequency or something.

6. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

um...its been a month , no1 has told me were to post or tell about this information

7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

there's really no one to report this kind of thing to that can make any difference. subliminal messages aren't a crime.

back in the 70s, quite a few nutcase mothers were trying to sue the band Kiss and get them imprisoned because they claimed that Kiss put satanic messages in their songs that could only be discernable when played backwards. you know what happened? Kiss made millions, the mothers lost a huge chunk to lawyer fees. and that was the end of that.

freedom of speech, and all. who really defines what is and what isn't offensive? i doubt a band will surrender an important right to appease you.

or you really want to do something,i suppose you could create a website. maybe you could rally some support and find out if the message is really supposed to be there, or if it is just a simple coincidence.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2005
  8. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

What exactly is this message. Im interested to know what it says.

9. gallagher

gallagher Regular member

why do you care anyway? Freedom of speech. If you got your feelings hurt then go home to mommoy and cry; otherwise hush up about it. I can't stand whiners who complain about things like that.

I think it is cool you found a message, but what good does reporting it do anyway? Let's think now. Reporting it might get it . . . hmm . . let's think now . . . ahh, I know . . . ATTENTION. That is exactly what these things want.

What was the album that lined up exactly with the Wizard of Oz, I believe? When I saw that on tv that was cool.

10. GlueEater

GlueEater Regular member

@sasha1303
    Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean that it's subliminal. From what I read in your post it sounds liminal. "Subliminal" means that w/o doing something special to the music to head the subliminal message.

11. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

weazel: read back over sasha's posts; she said what she heard :D

gallagher and glueater: okay, the obvious has been stated, in a much less offensive way (note: irony to the situation, lol). lay off sasha now, especially as she hasn't posted back yet. some people still have morals in this day and age, and they care about the foulness their fellow human beings are exposed to, as this corruption desensitizes the masses and creates an apathetic society that nonchalantly marches down the spiral to their very own apocalypse.

everyone needs to remember to look from someone else's point of view before commenting, as we're all (myself included) biased. we all have our own beliefs as to what's right and true and need to respect others beliefs (at least to their faces, hehehe). we only learn and grow when we step outside of our own little worlds to peer through the eyes of another.

so play nice, please. just because you have the right to say something doesn't mean you have to or should. that, friends, is what separates the hillbilly from the country gentleman, the street punk from the kind city fellow, the wise leader from the moronic and self-sacrificing failure. cheetos be with you! XD

*edit*
    i love playing both sides of the field. reminds me of my own debate days in my freshman year. talking a bill up in "congress", beating it down when it had everyone's support, then talking it up again...tis fun to look through the eyes of one who doesn't agree with you.

12. GlueEater

GlueEater Regular member

I wonder if she's a mother or something. I jsut don't see how someone can buy an album and say they're "suprised" by the language. You know the band/singer's reputaion when you buy a CD. You could be buying there CD for the first time and you should already know what's in it. YOu buy a PHISH CD and say: I can't believe they can talk that way about drugs.

@Auslander
    I'll take being a street punk over being a kind city fellow any day, I find it has less to live up to.

13. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

less to live up to maybe, but you won't live as long...if you can manage to truly live at all. :D

14. GlueEater

GlueEater Regular member

Yes but living a life with no responsibilities, I'll have lived 50 years by the time I'm 20 and 100 by the time I'm 30. What's the point of living if all you are living for is an idea.

15. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

it's responsibility that helps to give meaning to life and define the person you are. it's not living for an idea, it's living with a purpose; life without purpose is pointless and wasted :D

16. GlueEater

GlueEater Regular member

No you see it's people who give life it's meaning. When you die people don't remember you for the reponsibilities that you took on, but instead how those "responsibilities" affected them. Living for responsibility IS living for an idea, living for yourself and others is life with purpose. The purest form of life out there.

17. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i don't think i'm getting my message across. it's not living for responsibility, it's living for a purpose and handling the inherent responsibilities of life. people will fondly remember that pleasant guy that they could always depend on and trust, as well as have a great time with; they'll do their best to forget the loser that never did anything they saw as good or right.

and here we get quite far from my original point that thinking before you speak does a lot more good than letting the mouth run constantly with whatever goes through the mind (most likely unprocessed).

hmm...this thread is getting a good bit off topic, isn't it? i think i'll reply again when sasha posts; until she does, we all just biting our own tails. and i don't want a bald tail XD

Last edited: Oct 27, 2005